Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Am I being a nit? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=487324)

dkgojackets 08-27-2007 08:52 AM

Am I being a nit?

So I moved into my dorm a week ago. My roommate is a guy from high school I know pretty well. Anyway, I brought my HDTV and Xbox 360 which I had bought myself. He's contributed nothing except a small refreigerator, and the freezer doesn't even work. So far, I have made him pay for all groceries (not much, just some drinks, food, minor things) and I reserve the final decision on what we watch on the TV. I'm also making him buy all future 360 games since I brought a handful of mine.

Reasonable or nittish?

1aguilas 08-27-2007 10:06 AM

Re: Am I being a nit?

eh a little nitty IMO

NU Star 08-27-2007 10:57 AM

Nitty. Why would he buy 360 games if it is your system?

En Passant 08-27-2007 12:05 PM

You sound like a huge douche. You're making him pay for groceries since you elected to personally buy and bring a HDTV and xbox.

Sounds like you have some power issues, little man. Control of the t.v. channel - lol, are you serious? Good way to start off the year with someone you will be seeing every day.

Edit: it is totally reasonable to get upset with a roomate who contributes nothing, while using all of your stuff. This is clearly not that case under these circumstances.

XxGodJrxX 08-27-2007 12:23 PM

If I were him, I would tell you go to go [censored] yourself and buy my own television. Buy all the groceries? Just because you bought a 360 and a television?

dkgojackets 08-27-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: it is totally reasonable to get upset with a roomate who contributes nothing, while using all of your stuff. This is clearly not that case under these circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

so far this has been the case. Our total grocery bill amounts to a 12 pack of coke and a half gallon of milk every week. Didn't seem like too much for him to provide maybe seven bucks of stuff per week in exchange for use of a 360 and HDTV.

If he wants to go out and spend more than a gran on his own electronics then I'd be glad to split our food bill. You may say its a power issue, but I just don't like it when I pay $1500+ for my own stuff and someone else gets equal use for nothing.

dkgojackets 08-27-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were him, I would tell you go to go [censored] yourself and buy my own television. Buy all the groceries? Just because you bought a 360 and a television?

[/ QUOTE ]

groceries may be $10 a week tops.

Case Closed 08-27-2007 12:47 PM

This is how friends from high school end up hating each other during college. Relax guy, you don't get all that control for bringing a effing X-Box.

Plus, he probably calls you a douche behind your back.

En Passant 08-27-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so far this has been the case. Our total grocery bill amounts to a 12 pack of coke and a half gallon of milk every week. Didn't seem like too much for him to provide maybe seven bucks of stuff per week in exchange for use of a 360 and HDTV.

If he wants to go out and spend more than a gran on his own electronics then I'd be glad to split our food bill. You may say its a power issue, but I just don't like it when I pay $1500+ for my own stuff and someone else gets equal use for nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is important to note that you elected to buy and bring all that good stuff. Therefore, I think It's unfair for you to make him pay 100% for other stuff as a result of that.

You have only been living together for less than a month, right? Give it another month before you reach the conclusion that he isn't going to pay for anything. I think all you can ask for now is to split everything you use (such as groceries) 50/50.

Learning 08-27-2007 12:56 PM

Yeah.

Imagine how badass you'd have been if you acted apathetic about his use.

"Dude, my roommate brought an HDTV and I get to use it and he doesn't mind!"

"Orly? Lets hook him up with 853413878 sorority girls!"