Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   54s rr-ed pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541079)

orange 11-08-2007 03:23 AM

54s rr-ed pot

this hand isnt really that interesting but meh.

Villan is a regular albiet not a very good one. He seems tighter and somewhat competent but as far as good v. other decent players, no. (not that i'm really decent but whatever). He and I had a hand on another table earlier:

-I open KQo otb, he calls w/A8s in bb. Flop A89, he c/c-s my c-bet. 9 turn, we both check, river Q, he checks and I almost vb but check. (i think against some this is a vb but not this guy, too tight). so ya.

we have had rr-ed pot confrontations on past sessions where he rr-es me pf and i float his c-bet (done this twice) with him c/f-ing the turn both times. (we were both deeper). Other times i'll just fold to his c-bet.

he likely views me as an aggro TAG.

$360 effective, 1/2 6max

PF: I open 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] $7 in MP, he RR-es in CO to $25, I call, all else fold. <font color="blue">probably bad but i have fps. </font>

($53) Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, he bets $35, I call $35

($123) Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I check, he bets $80, I...?

(would be like 220 to play if i call this).

Casper05 11-08-2007 03:28 AM

Re: 54s rr-ed pot

meh, you're drawing possibly dead OOP w/out ever taking the initiative vs a villain likely to slowdown if a scare-card hits...figure out how much you have to make on the river and ask yourself if he will call a donk bet that size with whatever his range is.

Paul McSwizzle 11-08-2007 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
meh, you're drawing possibly dead OOP w/out ever taking the initiative vs a villain likely to slowdown if a scare-card hits...figure out how much you have to make on the river and ask yourself if he will call a donk bet that size with whatever his range is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he is drawing dead here all that much... the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is obviously much more likely to still be out there than the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

that said, I don't like this spot at all, I think its a fold
(here and PF)

vancouverspecial 11-08-2007 03:39 AM

I think you have little to no folding equity on the turn here. I hate to do it, but I just call, and either donk the river or check/fold.
Your hand is to strong to fold, and he will be getting such inviting odds to call the river when you shove.

Casper05 11-08-2007 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your hand is to strong to fold

[/ QUOTE ] We have 5 high...a draw, are OOP, and can't be sure we are even going to get paid off if we hit.

scatt_man 11-08-2007 03:45 AM

i fold here preflop definitely

as played you can call turn bet i think if you figure all your outs are good ...

vancouverspecial 11-08-2007 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] We have 5 high...a draw, are OOP, and can't be sure we are even going to get paid off if we hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I have 54hh in a 3bet pot, and I see the 2h, and 3h, it takes me more convincing than that to muck.

If I muck here, next time I open a pot with any suited connector, and I get 3bet, I learn my lesson ,and I muck.

Paul McSwizzle 11-08-2007 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I have 54hh in a 3bet pot, and I see the 2h, and 3h, it takes me more convincing than that to muck.

If I muck here, next time I open a pot with any suited connector, and I get 3bet, I learn my lesson ,and I muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehhh... what do you mean it takes more convincing than that? what more convincing do you need? although i do agree with you about pf (for the most part), the first part of your argument is silly, imo

vancouverspecial 11-08-2007 04:11 AM

Ok, convincing isn't the best term, as we don't need to be a hand reading genius to know the nut low is no good right now. But without a made hand, I am pretty happy with this board, and my concealed hand if I hit. If villan has KK, and Kh falls, I'll stack off and I'm Ok with that, but I peel 1 more here.

Fonkey123 11-08-2007 04:24 AM

If you think you have a decent amount of FE, you push.

If you don't, you call.

Very flow and gut dependent.