Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Final Table Poker with Phil Gordon (DVD) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514214)

Point Point 10-02-2007 07:54 PM

Final Table Poker with Phil Gordon (DVD)

I couldn't find this on any search. Can anyone who has seen this video please provide a review?

Professionalpoker 10-02-2007 09:05 PM

Re: Final Table Poker with Phil Gordon (DVD)

I don't currently carry it but for the $$ its not bad. A little over the top with the WPT style lighting but the info is good. There are a couple of audio track options so you can listen to Phil's beginner's or more advanced commentary on how to play once you make a final table. I'd say it is worth a look if you are into multi table live tourneys.

JJay1231 10-03-2007 04:42 AM

Its not a bad dvd and it was put together really well. If you have Phils books and other good NL tourney books, you probably wont get much out of it though.

Point Point 10-03-2007 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its not a bad dvd and it was put together really well. If you have Phils books and other good NL tourney books, you probably wont get much out of it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to say that the DVD is a substitute for the Little Green Book? Does it have the exact same info as the book?

Point Point 10-03-2007 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't currently carry it but for the $$ its not bad. A little over the top with the WPT style lighting but the info is good. There are a couple of audio track options so you can listen to Phil's beginner's or more advanced commentary on how to play once you make a final table. I'd say it is worth a look if you are into multi table live tourneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you carry the Little Green Book audio version? If so, is it as good as the book version?

MASTERHOLMES 10-03-2007 09:27 AM

I would say that the video is informative, sometimes funny at one particular moment when a bad beat occurs, and gives you info on how to play a final table which I thought the principles could be applied to a sit and go table as well.
the only difference is that everyone starts with even 1500 or what have you.

I didnt' really notice much difference between the advanced commentary and the beginners commentary.
it is far above in my opnion most other dvds that are out there.
the only dvds that compares in style of explaining how to play would be daniel negrenus no limit dvd, and expert hold them videos.

I do not have howard video on hold them, and I did have a phil hellmuth video, but this is the dvd that put thins into perspective.

it is one thing to read about the gap concept, and another thing to see it acted out, explained and phil gordon thoughts on why it was good that he folded.

overall it is just a good video
http://www.expertinsight.com/_Poker.html
just check out the preview video there and see if you like the style
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

steamboatin 10-03-2007 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didnt' really notice much difference between the advanced commentary and the beginners commentary.

[/ QUOTE ]

He pimps the Ace up the Sleeve clothing line to the beginners.

I own this DVD and have watched it numerous times. I like it but the Full Tilt Poker Commercials really piss me off. I hate commercials in a DVD that I paid for but that is just a little side rant and not very relevant.

Overall I think it is good, not as good as the Expert Holdem series the Mike at Professional Poker.com carries but good.

PS. Mike, now that I pimped for you, how are we coming along with my new Barry Tannenbaum book? One of these days, I will look in the mailbox and it will be just like Christmas, hopefully not actually Christmas, just a similar experience.

Vetgirig 10-03-2007 11:19 AM

Yes its good. Phil Gordon is good at explaining things in a easy to learn way.

el_grande 10-03-2007 08:04 PM

I have the DVD. Haven't watched it in a while but I agree it is good. Very tournament and "playing-the-player" centric.

Dominic 10-03-2007 09:17 PM

exactly what final table has Phil Gordon ever been at? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]