Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Tough Aces Spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381735)

igetbadbeat 04-18-2007 12:05 PM

Re: Tough Aces Spot

[ QUOTE ]
Game is 25/50 6 max online.

I have been playing very aggressively. Villain a slightly losing tight aggressive player.
I pick up A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the big blind.

He raises it to 175 from the cutoff. I reraise to 475. He calls

Flop comes J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet out 600. He Calls.

Turn is a 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check. He bets 1300 into a 2175 pot. What do I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

As played I call turn bet and hope to get a free showdown. You said villain is tightag...what could he be playing to a reraise PF? Ur only hope is AJ possibly suited I guess, but he could play KK or QQ the same way. I think lead/folding the turn is the best.

Lefort 04-18-2007 02:09 PM

First off RR pf to $600+. Secondly, the problem with a b/f turn is that I think villain rarely raises turn. And a c/c makes for a very very difficult river decision. I don't hate a c/f turn, I probably c/c and curse when I have to fold to a river bet...

afadeyi 04-18-2007 06:58 PM

bet turn reevaluate river. possibly fold to a raise on turn.

sammy71 04-18-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably c/c and curse when I have to fold to a river bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL I did this. I felt he was quite strong with his call on the flop. I didn't think he had KK/QQ by how he called preflop. Also I believe he would have reraised me on the flop with these hands. The river came a 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I instafolded when he bet. The only thing I beat on the river is 10 9 with no diamonds (unlikely). I believe he checks AJ, QQ,KK with this board. In hindsight, I think I might have played it weak. Maybe I should have bet turn. Also maybe he had a combodraw on the turn and once I did check I should have checkraised? Any comments?

JooWish622 04-18-2007 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r-ing turn is bad. check-call turn and check-fold river would be my line here.
also the small reraise preflop is very bad. you just ask to get outplayed

[/ QUOTE ]
shut up

Jw513 04-18-2007 10:34 PM

I think you've really under-repped your hand. It looks like your reraising preflop with AK/AQ, made a cbet on the flop, and gave up on the turn. And he's taking this opportunity to steal the pot from you. I think its also likely that he thinks his AJ is good because you seem weak. As played, call turn bet and c/c river. The only possible hands I can imagine he is holding is AJ or a set. I don't think we need to worry about him having a straight.

And I think if you c/r on the turn, you need to commit all your chips.

TheStandman 04-18-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off RR pf to $600+. Secondly, the problem with a b/f turn is that I think villain rarely raises turn. And a c/c makes for a very very difficult river decision. I don't hate a c/f turn, I probably c/c and curse when I have to fold to a river bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, a c/f on the turn is the correct play if you played preflop and flop this way. This looks like a value bet against an overpair and not a bet to get out fancy draws because he knows your hand. If you call, you can c/f the river for another pot bet.

sammy71 04-19-2007 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As played, call turn bet and c/c river. The only possible hands I can imagine he is holding is AJ or a set. I don't think we need to worry about him having a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is complete rubbish. I am DEFINITELY beat on the river. Only an extremely bad player (he wasn't) "value bets" AJ on this river with a flush and many straights out there. Why can't he have 97s or J10, even though i think a set or rivered flush with combo draw on turn are most likely.

uberdonk 04-19-2007 07:33 AM

lead turn?