Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Nut Flush Draw Faces two all-ins on rag board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541858)

SDone 11-09-2007 02:11 AM

Nut Flush Draw Faces two all-ins on rag board

This was probably mthird hand at the table, and I don't have PT (trial expired) so I have nothing on these guys.
I was thinking these could have been:
A) Lower Flush draws
B)Small Pocket Pairs
C)A made full house

Would a call or a fold be +ev in the long run?

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $3.05
Hero (SB): $19.55
BB: $11.35
UTG: $6.35
CO: $1.95

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG calls $0.10, CO folds, BTN calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, BB calls $0.30, UTG calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.60) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.90</font>, BB calls $0.90, UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $1.10, <font color="red">BB raises to $10.95 and is All-In</font>, BTN calls $0.65 and is All-In, Hero ?

creamfillin 11-09-2007 02:14 AM

Re: Nut Flush Draw Faces two all-ins on rag board

Either raise more PF 4bb + 1 for every limper or just complete. Definitely shove over his raise, we have 2 overs + NFD easy shove.

lubenica47 11-09-2007 02:15 AM

i would fold, you will have better situations to put you money in against nl10 monkeys.

SDone 11-09-2007 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Either raise more PF 4bb + 1 for every limper or just complete. Definitely shove over his raise, we have 2 overs + NFD easy shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I felt like my preflop raise was a bit weak.
Are you saying I should have shoved ovber the button's raise?

Also, should my flop bet be stronger? I just slid it because another table was bugging me..

pokerplaya5 11-09-2007 02:20 AM

I would probably fold as well. As you said, he could already have a made full house and u could be drawing dead. I think I would find a better spot.

Nick C 11-09-2007 02:22 AM

Either way you go, in Fundamental Theorum of Poker terms the mistake is potentially going to be significant if you're wrong.

But probably I trust BB's power move and decide there's too good of a chance my overs aren't worth a thing and my flush draw is tainted by a redraw if it's live at all.

You will get to see the cards at showdown regardless, so at least there's that.

SDone 11-09-2007 02:25 AM

The BB's power move doesn't look like a flush draw trying to isolate?

Nick C 11-09-2007 02:27 AM

I think creamfillin is right about your initial flop call. It seems like a good spot for a push, which will frequently get you HU with good equity against the short-stacked Button. (And if BB decides to call, well, it's possible you're flipping versus his TT or whatnot anyway.)

Nick C 11-09-2007 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The BB's power move doesn't look like a flush draw trying to isolate?

[/ QUOTE ]

It could be. I don't have much to draw from, to be honest. Back when I was mostly a limit player, I saw the call/reraise occasionally, and it tended to come from big made hands like sets and big draws. But I can't even remember the last time I saw the play at a NL table.