Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   getting fast cars in automatic.... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551575)

AceCR9 11-21-2007 05:27 PM

Re: getting fast cars in automatic....

I have a mustang GT in auto and its still fun to drive, i don't think it will hurt performance too much

Dilznoofus 11-21-2007 05:28 PM

It's not so much that it's bad to not want to drive a stick, it's wanting to own a sports car but not wanting to learn how to drive it.

RunDownHouse 11-21-2007 05:29 PM

Why would anyone actually be opposed to learning manual? It's a few hours time to learn the basics, at most, and a lifetime's worth of a basic skill. Even if you plan on driving auto Civics the rest of your life, I can't imagine having the chance to learn manual and not doing so.

soapstar 11-21-2007 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to buy a car and a lot of the cars I like are the semi-trick ones like VW GTI and Subaru WRX. The problem is I don't know how to drive a stick shift. Am I a big tool if I get these cars in automatic and just use the paddle shifter occ.? fwiw, its not that i dont want to learn driving a stick its just that I dont want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the [censored] raised you? Is your dad upset you're gay?

Jesus christ

Keepitsimple 11-21-2007 05:34 PM

I can understand driving automatic if you live in a city with a lot of hills. Using the hand brake at every stop sign gets old really quick.

XXXNoahXXX 11-21-2007 05:37 PM

wtf is up with all these "lol automatics are for the gays!" comments.

i know how to drive manual, but its a pain in the ass when you're in traffic, hills parallel parking, etc. When I'm driving, I like to put in as little effort as possible, I'm not out there drag racing Nick Hogan, so what do i care.

blinden84 11-21-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can understand driving automatic if you live in a city with a lot of hills. Using the hand brake at every stop sign gets old really quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're doing it wrong.

Dilznoofus 11-21-2007 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

Keepitsimple 11-21-2007 05:44 PM

how is that? I feel its the only way if you dont want to totally destroy the transmission over time. We are not talking 5 degrees decline here but San Francisco or equivalent.

blinden84 11-21-2007 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how is that? I feel its the only way if you dont want to totally destroy the transmission over time. We are not talking 5 degrees decline here but San Francisco or equivalent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Pittsburgh, and I use the hand brake twice per trip, once when leaving and once when parking.

I don't have any clue what you are doing with it at every stop.