Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   PokerAce/PlayerView/Gametime stats, which should I use? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=111088)

ike 05-12-2006 01:09 AM

PokerAce/PlayerView/Gametime stats, which should I use?

Just what the title of the post says, what stats do you guys like having in front of you while you play? I'm just switching from limit to NL and have no idea.

aba20 05-12-2006 01:17 AM

Re: PokerAce/PlayerView/Gametime stats, which should I use?

pokerace

ike 05-12-2006 06:11 AM

my original post wasn't at all clear, apologies. my question was which stats do you like to display not which program do you use.

aba20 05-12-2006 06:14 AM

I have vpip, agression, agression by street, # hands, cold calling frequency, preflop riase.

Then in the menu when I click on there name I have about 50 more stats, which I use once in a while. Mostly to try to see if they float me and if I should fire again on the turn.

ike 05-12-2006 06:22 AM

thanks a lot, i've heard from others that stats regarding c-bets, making and folding to them, are good, any opinion?

edge 05-12-2006 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks a lot, i've heard from others that stats regarding c-bets, making and folding to them, are good, any opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does such a thing exist?

I roll with VPIP, PFR, total aggression, hands played, WTSD, W$SD. I rarely use the showdown stats for anything, and after about 70 hands I can get a good feel for how someone plays so the stats aren't as important anymore.

ObnxNole 05-12-2006 11:59 AM

I use the checkraise flop stat a lot especially when i raise p flop, miss, and make a continuation bet with air.

Leptyne 05-12-2006 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does such a thing exist?

I roll with VPIP, PFR, total aggression, hands played, WTSD, W$SD. I rarely use the showdown stats for anything, and after about 70 hands I can get a good feel for how someone plays so the stats aren't as important anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I use. The number one stat IMO is number of hands played, which gives you an indicator of the reliability of the stats you display. I am a big note taker and rely on these more than stats. In the past I have been guilty of using my stats as a crutch. No more.

spliff 07-09-2007 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have vpip, agression, agression by street, # hands, cold calling frequency, preflop riase.

Then in the menu when I click on there name I have about 50 more stats, which I use once in a while. Mostly to try to see if they float me and if I should fire again on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whan talking about "agression by street" you are referring to "agression" and not "agression freq", right ??

Anyone knows what the "agression" number is based on, except freq. ? Amount which you raise ??