Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   The guy's a station... and I have a set on a 3-flush-board. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557395)

Rizzo 11-29-2007 05:48 PM

The guy\'s a station... and I have a set on a 3-flush-board.

Is this hand played correctly? Villain is a station, af of 0.6 and 36% won at showdown... wonder if the turn bet was correct. I cant let him possibly draw for free and I'm commited... right [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]?

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $49.36
MP: $58.27
CO: $20.26
Hero (BTN): $63.17
SB: $50.25
BB: $50

Pre-Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $2

Flop: ($5.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.75</font>, UTG calls $4.75

Turn: ($15.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $24</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $55.92 and is All-In</font>, UTG calls $18.11 and is All-In

River: ($99.47) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

[/i]

NeverScurred 11-29-2007 05:54 PM

Re: The guy\'s a station... and I have a set on a 3-flush-board.

Your line looks good to me.

The Reese 11-29-2007 06:12 PM

I think that you have to fold to the min raise simply due to the fact that this guys AF is .6. With Ac9x and Kc9x type hands I can't see a guy this passive min rasing you. IMO this guy is basically playing his hand face up with some type of medium made flush.

That being said I am curious as to the sample size on his numbers.

ceavou22 11-29-2007 06:28 PM

Wats his full stats vpip/pfr and over how many hands.

If his vpip is high we can include some stupid two pair hands that will help our equity.

Rizzo 11-29-2007 06:53 PM

It was over like 200 hands and his vpip/pfr was like 36/6... asnd: fold to a reraise? i dont know... i still got 10 outs to the full house...

Kraada 11-29-2007 07:07 PM

One of my personal lessons lately has been that minraises from normally passive people mean HUGE strength.

But even if this guy has a flush we have 10 outs to a boat. We need 3.6 to 1 and we're getting 3.4 to 1. And he's a station. I call his turn minraise and get it all in if I boat. If I don't boat and he bets small enough maybe I call, maybe I don't. I'd probably take a few other factors into account though: how many hands I have on him (the more I have the more likely I am to give this up) and what his WtSD% is would be the most likely things that would sway me one way or another.

Either way, I definitely prefer calling turn and re-evaluating river.

K

Rizzo 11-29-2007 07:11 PM

I thought about just calling turn... but when we get to the river and the board didnt pair and a non-club comes of, theres like 70 in the pot and 18 to call = i gotta call no matter how passive he is. And what if he's still got a high club in his hand... I dont know. Prolly shouldve checked behind on the turn, but I wouldve felt so awkward...

NeverScurred 11-29-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prolly shouldve checked behind on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]
No no no. That's ROT right there. You had no reason to think this guy would c/r you before you made the bet, so it was a good decision. Betting the turn is definitely right.

I also like the shove over his c/r for reasons you pretty much already stated, but I admit it's a little thin.

Rizzo 11-29-2007 07:22 PM

Thanks man, the answer really helped me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Im just gettin unsure cause im in a 20 BI downswing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

bsball8806 11-29-2007 07:47 PM

very standard, checking behind the turn sucks here. If he's a calling station, he's calling you down, clubs or not, if he's got TP, 2 pr, club draw, etc