Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Glenn Beck told me to post this to Ron Paul Supporters (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556416)

canis582 11-28-2007 02:05 PM

Re: Glenn Beck told me to post this to Ron Paul Supporters

Glennnn Beckkk is super smarmey and very sarcastic. And I did hear Back say that he thought abolishing the FBI was a dumb idea.

Ron Burgundy 11-28-2007 02:07 PM

I've watched Glenn Beck for a total of about 2 hours over the last couple years. Here's a summary of his show:

"I'm a recovering alcoholic... goddamn Mexicans..... I don't have any friends... goddamn muslims.... I'm really lonely and pathetic.... [censored] liberals.... [censored] mexicans.... did I mention I was a lonely pathetic alcy?"

Scary_Tiger 11-28-2007 02:12 PM

I believe Paul has been turning down Beck. I don't think it's a wise move. Whether it's fun or not, it's going to be a lot more beneficial to your campaign than your biweekly appearance on the Alex Jones show.

Zygote 11-28-2007 02:20 PM

we need to get boro's wife to pass this on to the campaign.

Misfire 11-28-2007 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty standard to turn down interview requests from hostile interviewers. I bet Hannity would like to interview Clinton.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beck and Hannity aren't at all comparable--Hannity is just plain unfair with anyone he disagrees with. Besides, Paul agreed to a Hannity interview, didn't he?

When I used to listen to Beck's show regularly, he'd interview people he disagrees with but he was always polite and gave them ample time to make their points. Sure, he expresses his disagreement, but he doesn't steamroll them. I've also heard him say several good things about Paul on his show. While they disagree on a lot, I don't think this would be a terribly hostile interview.

govman6767 11-28-2007 02:32 PM

Hostile or not why would you turn down a chance to expand your ideas to a crowd that may have no idea who you are.

You can't lose votes you never were going to get but you CAN win votes with a few good points and ideals.

Scary_Tiger 11-28-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, Paul agreed to a Hannity interview, didn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only as part of the Fox post-debate show as far as I know. He really should go and appear on both the Hannity and Beck radio show.

lehighguy 11-28-2007 03:34 PM

You'd have to be insane to support it.

W brad 11-28-2007 03:40 PM

Thread cliffnotes:

Ron Paul is a scaredy cat

Bedreviter 11-28-2007 03:46 PM

Anyone with different views than you on how the US should act internationally, and at what cost= insane. Nice concept.