Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Heads Up STALLING TACTICS?? for blinds (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=424616)

T3rminator4 06-10-2007 07:51 PM

Heads Up STALLING TACTICS?? for blinds

Okay so I was playing heads up $6 vs some kid. First freaking hand. This guy LITERALLY TAKES a WHOLE 80 SECONDS and lets time drain to 2 seconds. We play and 2 minutes later I crush him in all in, my stack becomes 2300 and he is like 500.

This is where I remeber someone posted about stalling to get blinds up. I TOOK EVER POSSIBLE SECOND for the next 15 hands. He would go all in etc etc he would probabley 14 of the hands.

Then I caught A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] at sb called. He did raised all in which he usually has been doing. I had like 2100 he had 800. He had
6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I beat him.

Well comments? ethics? what could i have done better?

Thanks

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

mugatu668 06-10-2007 07:59 PM

Re: Heads Up STALLING TACTICS?? for blinds

Is English your first language? Just wondering...

T3rminator4 06-10-2007 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

get out of my thread you filthy noob

lengthy 06-10-2007 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

get out of my thread you filthy noob

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that means no.

Your grammar was so terrible, please proofread.

I think stalling like this is fine. Its not against the rules, but is kind of a cheat way to beat someone IMO.

T3rminator4 06-11-2007 01:46 AM

I dont remeber which language I learned first i learned english / turkish same time

Win.by.TKo 06-11-2007 12:28 PM

OK, so it's not the King's English, but his question is clear. Is stalling excessively in order to have the blinds increase unethical?

Personally, I don't play HU tables/tourneys so I'm not sure what the code of ethics would be for them. I'd have to imagine it is frowned upon.

Any serious posters have any answers/opinions?

negtv capability 06-11-2007 02:50 PM

If you ask this question in the HU forum, you're likely to get better answers.

magicratx 06-11-2007 06:56 PM

Suerely if you think you have an edge against a player then you want to play at lower blind levels, so that you can outplay after the flop, however if he is pushbotting i guess it doesn't matter when you get it in

AggroFish 06-11-2007 07:11 PM

I come across stallers often playing HU SNGs, the smarter ones wait until they have a nice lead before stalling. It's annoying, I dont do it...I'd just rather play a bunch of small pots increasing my stack until we get it all in when I have a hand.

Poker Clif 06-11-2007 11:17 PM

I was the one with the stalling post

I see that opinion is still divided, so I'm still not sure whether I did the right thing.

My situation was bubble play in a micro STT. Four players, I was one of the two <2bb stacks. I used all my time so that the blinds would go up, and the bb would put villian short stack all in on the next hand. I was out two hands later, but I cashed for third place.

So my situation was different. I wasn't consistenly stalling, I did it once to knock an opponent out and clinch a cashing spot. Is it the same? Worse? Is it wrong? I'm still not sure.