Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   TT OOP 3bet pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=492247)

Novles 09-02-2007 09:31 PM

TT OOP 3bet pot

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $396.00
BB: $541.20
UTG: $306.20
Hero (MP): $445.80
CO: $446.40
BTN: $542.00

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is 18/15 over ~100 hands. He 3bet me just once before, a couple hands ago, when I raised a limper otb, he rr from SB and I folded. No other reads. Comments on all streets appreciated.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $50.00</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $36.00

Flop: ($106) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $72.00</font>, Hero calls $72.00

Turn: ($250) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($250) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $136.00</font>, Hero?

Mossberg 09-02-2007 09:50 PM

Re: TT OOP 3bet pot

His river bet looks alot like he's trying to extract value from a mid-pair. He is probably putting you on pretty much exactly what you have, so with that said, I think you should just fold now. You may think his turn check makes his line look "fishy", but I think he will check here very often with hands like JJ+ and AQ.

btw, I don't think preflop is standard. I used to call here alot pf, but I usually didn't like the way things turn out. So it may be better to stick to JJ+ until you have a better reason to believe that you are being 3bet light.

AggJedi 09-02-2007 10:06 PM

Shove river, he has QQ or nothing. (And by nothing I mean a hand that he'll fold).

Mossberg 09-02-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shove river, he has QQ or nothing. (And by nothing I mean a hand that he'll fold).

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't think he can check turn with AQ, KK and AA as well? I do. And do you really expect him to fold any of those to your river c/r when it doesn't really make sense for you to have a big hand here? Also, why is he offering Hero a good price on the river if he wants him to fold? What I mean is that villain's bet will rarely be a bluff imo, and there isn't much in villain's range that he is going to be valuebetting, then folding to a raise.

Bulletproof Monk 09-03-2007 12:02 AM

this hand confuses me.... i think he has AQ tho

Shes92 09-03-2007 12:20 AM

I think you can fold preflop here OOP although a call is okay. I am definitely betting/raising this flop tho. If youre not planning to bet at this flop why would you call a preflop 3 bet? Villain is always going to cbet this flop so his bet doesnt mean a great deal. As played I think you have to call his river bet because you have shown weakness all the way and this could be the villains last attempt to win pot. You may well be behind but I think you are ahead enough to make a call +EV

When you called the flop did you have a plan for how to act on the turn?? Your hand wasnt likely to improve but there were a bunch of bad cards that could come for you.

Novles 09-03-2007 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, I don't think preflop is standard. I used to call here alot pf, but I usually didn't like the way things turn out. So it may be better to stick to JJ+ until you have a better reason to believe that you are being 3bet light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think TT is pretty darn close from MP, as I think it's an easy fold utg and an easy call from CO. Do you call pf from CO?

[ QUOTE ]
Also, why is he offering Hero a good price on the river if he wants him to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think it becomes a call if he pots it? At what price(s) do you think it's a call?

[ QUOTE ]
If youre not planning to bet at this flop why would you call a preflop 3 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, maybe because?

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is always going to cbet this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Novles 09-03-2007 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you called the flop did you have a plan for how to act on the turn?? Your hand wasnt likely to improve but there were a bunch of bad cards that could come for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly my plan was to c/c 2 streets, but had a bad feeling based on river betsize, timing, spidey sense, etc.

Mossberg 09-03-2007 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also, why is he offering Hero a good price on the river if he wants him to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think it becomes a call if he pots it? At what price(s) do you think it's a call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm not really going to be overly happy if he bets big either, because then we have to be good a greater % of the time (obv). I would certainly be more suspicious though and put him on air or nuts (or close to), because if he is at all decent at hand-reading he should know that a large bet is probably not going to work well in his favor against our likely range.

orange 09-03-2007 01:35 AM

fold the river i think.