Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Somewhat unusual stud/8 SnG hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497172)

Andy B 09-09-2007 04:55 PM

Somewhat unusual stud/8 SnG hand

This is from a $6+.50 turbo Sit-n-Go which I somehow failed to win:

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low - Level VIII (200/400), Ante 40, Bring-In 60 (converter)

Seat 1: 3,594
Hero: 4,403
Seat 4: 3,001
Seat 7: 1,002

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (1.70 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (1.70 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

River - (3.70 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (5.70 BB)

Alchemist 09-09-2007 05:06 PM

Re: Somewhat unusual stud/8 SnG hand

6th sure looks like a fold to me with no money in the pot and no low draw.

Andy B 09-09-2007 05:21 PM

What do you put the other guy on?

adanthar 09-09-2007 05:26 PM

I don't know about sixth, but I'm sure as hell folding fourth.

Alchemist 09-09-2007 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you put the other guy on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost anything. I mean, who the hell limps with an Ace in the door vs. the BI? Your pair of 7s might well be good but I wouldn't really care to pay two more big bets to find out.

Andy B 09-09-2007 05:43 PM

I was pretty sure that my Sevens were winning on sixth.

Alchemist 09-09-2007 05:54 PM

Are you calling a bet on 5th street ?

Andy B 09-09-2007 06:10 PM

No.

PokerJans 09-09-2007 08:04 PM

4th street is just gross.

Bet 5th because you have the best hand and your opponent checked.

I know its the first day of the NFL season and all but have you really drank that much today?

JoeDimaggio 09-09-2007 11:18 PM

flush draw that got there on the river or he is bad enough to limp with an ace and randomly pair the jack what else would he possibly bet at that point / not bet up until that point