Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Mathematica= the nuts (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526128)

hustler4life 10-18-2007 09:01 PM

Mathematica= the nuts

Basically its the greaterst math program ever. I'm using it right now for my linear algebra classes and its great. It lets you spend more time learning the concepts because it does all of the tedious calculation instantly.

Its a little pricy, but if you plan on taking alot of math classes I'd say the cost is far outweighed by the benefits. The program has applications in basically every type of mathematics, and is just all around a great piece of software

eviljeff 10-18-2007 10:12 PM

Re: Mathematica= the nuts

matlab pwns

armPitt 10-19-2007 02:39 AM

i agree that matlab pwns.

what about maple? the newest version (11, i think) is pretty good.

i use a combo of maple and matlab depending on what i want to get done. i say matlab > maple >> mathematica.

_brady_ 10-19-2007 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
matlab pwns

[/ QUOTE ]

AceLuby 10-19-2007 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree that matlab pwns.

what about maple? the newest version (11, i think) is pretty good.

i use a combo of maple and matlab depending on what i want to get done. i say matlab > maple >> mathematica.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do completely different things. Mathematica was great for my theoretical math classes, while matlab was great for my practical math classes. They both have programming functionality, but the upper hand goes to Mathematica for making things look pretty and for graphing. I wrote several math papers in Mathematica, and gave a presentation in Mathematica, which I couldn't do in Matlab. Never used maple.

sixfour 10-21-2007 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
matlab pwns

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fly 10-21-2007 10:54 PM

is it normal for matlab to take a long time to load?

Quicksilvre 10-22-2007 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is it normal for matlab to take a long time to load?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably. I know Maple takes a long time to load; programs like this take up a lot of computer resources.

rivermetimbers 10-22-2007 01:35 AM

sorry guys, but you are all dorks

Danastasio1 10-22-2007 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically its the greaterst math program ever. I'm using it right now for my linear algebra classes and its great. It lets you spend more time learning the concepts because it does all of the tedious calculation instantly.

Its a little pricy, but if you plan on taking alot of math classes I'd say the cost is far outweighed by the benefits. The program has applications in basically every type of mathematics, and is just all around a great piece of software

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more.