Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Confused...2+2 books are or are NOT in hardcover (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529926)

HotPockets 10-23-2007 11:46 PM

Confused...2+2 books are or are NOT in hardcover

was browsing ebay and found this
This is the 2+2 book right? because the publisher listed is obviously different. If there were actually hardcover editions available at some point what other works were published that way? Anyone have any knowledge on the subject?

Mason Malmuth 10-24-2007 12:08 AM

Re: Confused...2+2 books are or are NOT in hardcover

We never published any hard cover books.

MM

HotPockets 10-24-2007 09:45 AM

This is what I recalled you saying before Mason. I'm not sure if you checked the link. But the publisher listed wasn't 2p2. I don't know anything about the publishing industry but is it possible Zee's book was published first in hardcover by someone else or is the description inaccurate.

phydaux 10-24-2007 12:30 PM

Arr, matey. Thar be pirates in those waters.

Gonso 10-24-2007 02:01 PM

The ebay seller just put the wrong info in the item description

Mason Malmuth 10-24-2007 03:21 PM

The publisher listed was Harris Printers. They were a printer here in Las Vegas that we briefly used in the early 1990s that went out of business many years ago. (We also filed a lawsuit against them but that's another story.) No hard cover books were ever done by Two Plus Two.

Best wishes,
Mason

HotPockets 10-24-2007 05:25 PM

Thanks Mason.

LoneWolf 10-24-2007 07:26 PM

Well I think you should make them hardcover, I'm on my second bought book NLHTP and the binder keeps splitting the book into sections. Not enough glue maybe. When I open the book pages are so stiff, then I see the threads then book split in two. This is very annoying. I don't have that problem with Harrington's 3 books, and SSLH. Just NLHTP. Why ?

ericicecream 10-25-2007 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I think you should make them hardcover, I'm on my second bought book NLHTP and the binder keeps splitting the book into sections. Not enough glue maybe. When I open the book pages are so stiff, then I see the threads then book split in two. This is very annoying. I don't have that problem with Harrington's 3 books, and SSLH. Just NLHTP. Why ?

[/ QUOTE ]

There may not be enough demand to substantiate a hard cover run, if there was simultaneously a softcover cheaper version available. And who wants to pay $35 or $40 for a book?

Perhaps the glue was part of the issue of why they found a different printer? I have many of the 2+2 books that have come out in recent years and no printing/binding issues with any of them.

RowdyZ 10-25-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There may not be enough demand to substantiate a hard cover run, if there was simultaneously a softcover cheaper version available. And who wants to pay $35 or $40 for a book?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alot of 2+2 books are list priced at 30 bucks now, what is another 5-10 bucks? Yeah I know you can get them cheaper but I am sure you could do the same for any hardback editions they released.

RZ