Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Dario Minieri...I am actually impressed (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519657)

Luisgallo 10-10-2007 04:07 AM

Dario Minieri...I am actually impressed

I know a lot of people are not going to like what I am about to write but I feel I have to.

I never liked the guy and I thought, being Italian, he was not representing my country but he was actually making us feel a bit ridicolous with the ROMA AC scarf and the Harry Potter look.

I certainly do not judge people by their physical appearance so my dislike was mostly based on his weird/super aggro poker style and, since he always insisted that he never read a book, I came to a conclusion that this guy was just a huge gambler therefore far away to any respect a good poker student of the game deserves.

Well Yesterday I was listening at EPTLIVE coverage in Italian and Dario was the commentator, I have to say the guy is very funny, very down to earth and above all he knows the game, the latest one impressed me the most.

He came up with some very clever comments, very good analysis and always very well explained, he has a strategy behind, he is a huge superaggro but he is not the gambler he wants others to believe.

Bottom line: I am Italian, I still do not think he is the looks alike typical Italian young macho and the ROMA scarf is ridicolous but wasn't Greg Raymer ridicolous with the funny sunglasses? Or Chris Fergusson with the hat? They were al wearing that before winning...I definitely now respect Dario as a poker player.

Bulletproof Monk 10-10-2007 04:09 AM

Re: Dario Minieri...I am actually impressed

[x] Views

Thanks for sharing.

Alobar 10-10-2007 04:12 AM

I liked him simply because he handled himself very gracefully and was like one of the only few people who got air time at the main event that didnt act like a douche nozzle

imabigdeal 10-10-2007 04:17 AM

yeah, i have hated on him before, i mean i think that if he isn't gay he's very metro but w/e who cares. he's obv very good at poker and he seems like an ok dude so that's what matters

nhWPjstUnLKy 10-10-2007 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
looks alike typical Italian young macho and the ROMA scarf is ridicolous

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF.. AS ROMA!!!
Forza Roma

that just cant be ridicolous

gman06 10-10-2007 06:41 AM

I think he sucks at poker and refuses to slow down at the appropriate times, even with his ridiculously aggro image. I took a few buy ins from him in like 10 minutes @ 25/50NL HU last week before he quit me.

CaryDarling 10-10-2007 06:41 AM

Re: Dario Minieri...I am actually impressed *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids

ajrees 10-10-2007 06:56 AM

Che cazzo?

worpler 10-10-2007 08:04 AM

I lived in Italy for 2 years and to me he is a bit "femminucia". Saw him on some TV tourney a while ago and he came across as a bit of a kn0b. Guess I just don't like the fashion victim metrosexual look.

RoundTower 10-10-2007 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never liked the guy and I thought, being Italian, he was not representing my country but he was actually making us feel a bit ridicolous with the ROMA AC scarf and the Harry Potter look.

[/ QUOTE ]
by Italian, you mean you were born in Philadelphia and have never left the US, but you eat a lot of pizza and two of your grandparents came from Italy? I don't see any actual Italian writing this.