Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Thremp - Hot Sizzle Summer Log (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=440292)

Thremp 07-01-2007 11:38 AM

Thremp - Hot Sizzle Summer Log

It seems that I am now larger than I was, but have regained some of the fat I stripped off before I decided to go on a 2 month bender (namely graduation and then backpacking in Europe). Now that school is over there are same things that I want to make sure to achieve each day.

1) Cut down on the booze I drink (This will be almost impossible to fail at considering the level I was drinking, but I'd like to keep this to under 20 drinks per week for the immediate future)
2) Increase the meals I eat to 6-8 a day and begin to keep an accurate log with macro breakdowns with a slow phase in.
3) Do a mesocycle of EDT for bulking.
4) Try to get near-optimal pre and PWO nutrition.
5) Gain some weight.

anklebreaker 07-01-2007 01:02 PM

Re: Thremp - Hot Sizzle Summer Log

Yup, same thing here: I fell off for nearly four weeks of florida, myrtle beach, graduation week, and vegas. Crappy food+drinking+no lifting sucks.

I'm pretty happy with my nearly effortless rebound to good habbits though. 1) & 2) is key. Can you explain 3)?

I've found that the quality of my overall nutrition is a function of my feeding in the first couple of hours after waking, i.e. if I get in my vitamins, protein and breakfast in the morn, the rest of the day's nutrition takes care of itself.
Goodluck.

Thremp 07-02-2007 01:26 PM

Brag: Fitday is pretty cool and gonna save me a ton of time.
Beat: My maintain level is like 3k calories and then I think I have to add exercise in.
Beat: I'll probably end up getting the extra calories from alcohol.
Brag: I'm classified as moderately overweight, hopefully I can make morbidly obese soon (as per a BMI calc).
Variance: Ankle, this is the EDT workout I am doing. http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459765

mattnxtc 07-02-2007 01:42 PM

Just read an article saying not to take vitamins in the morning. I am working on finding out more details as to why.

1C5 07-02-2007 02:26 PM

That EDT article/program looks neat. Have you ever tried one before? I bet the intensity will be through the roof. I am looking forward to trying it very soon.

mattnxtc 07-02-2007 02:32 PM

I did it all last month and it is intense.

1C5 07-02-2007 02:36 PM

how did you like it and how were the results?

Thremp 07-02-2007 02:45 PM

1C5,

No, I have not. I am trying to start slow and then ramp it up as time goes by.

Matt,

Cool. Keep me posted on what you turn up.

All,

I did my first EDT set and am confused how to exactly set it up or exert myself. I am sure pacing yourself is the goal to success and not dying/overtraining on this gibber jabber.

I took it nice and easy this first day.

A1: Pull ups - I did some minor kipping and cut down on ROM to hit the reps I needed. Started to fail on the sets of 5 toward the end.
A2: Skullcrushers - This was an exercise that I usually never do since I don't do much tricep isolation work and when I did before I would use other exercises. Finally got used to it and didn't drop the bar. The bar for this weighs 15lbs? I had a couple 10s on each side, and this was easier than the Chins.

B1: Seated Row - Did these on the cable. 75 lbs.
B2: Reverse Tricep Pressdown - Using like 30lbs on a cable machine.

Notes: First 20 min set I got in 66 reps and made the mistake of putting my stations like 15 yards apart, which ends up soaking up a ton of time when you are walking an additional 300 or so yards needlessly. The second set I put the loading way too low and ended up with a 100 reps not even breathing hard. Will have to up weights across the board. I am shooting for a rep range of 60-70, so slightly less than Charles recommends while I am trying to get used to this program.

SmileyEH 07-02-2007 02:55 PM

thremp, I weighed one of those EZ-curl bars a couple years ago and it was 20lbs. Pretty sure that is the standard weight.

mattnxtc 07-02-2007 02:58 PM

Generally for a set of 5-6 reps you would use your 10rep max for your weight. Obviously it that feels to easy..move to your 8 rep max and do it...