Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Shipping a car across the country (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=449773)

Apathy 07-12-2007 09:18 PM

Shipping a car across the country

I made a road trip from Toronto to Vegas a month and a half ago, partly for fun and partly to have my car out here for the summer. Now that its time to go home I dont really feel like driving so I want to get my car sent home (to Toronto).

Does anyone know companies who will do this or links to sites? I really have no idea where to start with this.

Thanks OOT.

Klompy 07-12-2007 09:19 PM

Re: Shipping a car across the country

Maybe we can work something out?

d10 07-12-2007 09:27 PM

I've shipped my car a few times using this company. For a 700-800 mile move it cost me $600. They've always given me good drivers and taken care of my car. You'll need to be a bit flexible with scheduling though, they might find someone to pick it up tomorrow, or a few days from now, worst case it might take a week or two to find someone. So if you're planning this out at the last minute that may not work.

suzzer99 07-12-2007 09:31 PM

I used a company like the one above. My car showed up with 4 kids from the UK who wanted to see the country. Pretty good deal for them. Nothing was broken as far as I could tell.

Apathy 07-12-2007 09:35 PM

d10,

that company looks great and anywhere around 1k would be fine to pay but it doesnt say they ship to Canada... I wonder if that will be an issue with a few of these?

I sent them an email anyways asking, maybe I should get it shipped to some friends in Michigan or something and drive it up from there.

Anyone have any other ideas?

blackize 07-12-2007 11:00 PM

Pay for gas/food/lodging and a plane ticket back to MD from Toronto and I would do this for you.

mmbt0ne 07-12-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any other ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ship it to Buffalo and drive.

PokerFink 07-13-2007 06:59 AM

I did this from Philly to Vegas. There are tons of companies, just look around on the internets.

Should run you about $8-900.

secretprankster 07-13-2007 08:25 AM

Seven replies and nobody made the joke yet. Tsk.

mrkilla 07-13-2007 10:27 AM

I shipped a car from oregon to NYC , i used a1 transport . Look up auto transporters. if you are willing to bring it to a Depot and pick it up from a Depot its a lot cheaper.

You could also train it to Buffalo let say and drive. from there