Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Ruh- roh (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556082)

manupod 11-28-2007 12:48 AM

Ruh- roh

Villain is 22/18/3.5 and I'm at about 22/15/3

I really hate repopping hands like KQ and AJ here but I did it versus this dude expecting a lot of folds, a few shoves and no calls. So obviously he calls.

$200 stacks, 6 handed

folded to button he makes it $8, I make it $26 w/ AJo in the BB he calls.

Flop comes A94 w/ 94 of clubs, I have none. I c/c a $35 bet. (Flop help? Bet/call hoping to get bluff raised? Can I rule out better As from pf action?)

Turn is an offsuit 7, he bets 2/3 pot and I just c/shove for like $50

I'm not sure this is good on any street, but I had these spots. Am I just supposed to b/c the flop?

Speedlimits 11-28-2007 12:52 AM

Re: Ruh- roh

bet-call flop is standard line.

Since you're OOP you have to play this hand fairly straight forward.

although bet flop/check turn/shove river is a good line too.

Paul Thomson 11-28-2007 12:52 AM

i check call the flop. and check fold the turn unless i have a note that says he can double barrell in a 3-bet pot.

manupod 11-28-2007 12:53 AM

For the record, I didn't b/c flop because I thought that it folds too much and if he has a better Ace he stacks me anyway and a worse one I'm going to get him. But I wanted to max value against non-A hands. So do we think we get more action from a worse hand when we b/c and get bluff raised or when we check and give him rope, is I guess the question.

il_martilo 11-28-2007 12:55 AM

Since villian doesn't suck, i wouldn't think we are ahead often when he bets the turn. That said, I don't think this is a bad line and I'm not sure I have a good enough grasp of his range to fold here.

Speedlimits 11-28-2007 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, I didn't b/c flop because I thought that it folds too much and if he has a better Ace he stacks me anyway and a worse one I'm going to get him. But I wanted to max value against non-A hands. So do we think we get more action from a worse hand when we b/c and get bluff raised or when we check and give him rope, is I guess the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think thats the question. You are betting this flop with a huge range though so villain will most likely peel with 10s-Ks and weaker aces obv. checking turn is decent because it induces bets and might get an underpair to call a river shove if its checked through.

Chaos_ult 11-28-2007 01:01 AM

I like your line I think.

What do you think his range looks like when he bets the turn?

nuggetz87 11-28-2007 01:05 AM

this looks good. betting the flop sucks.

nazahl 11-28-2007 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i check call the flop. and check fold the turn unless i have a note that says he can double barrell in a 3-bet pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

Chaos_ult 11-28-2007 01:16 AM

When you check/call the flop, It really looks like you have < top pair here unless you're regularly checkraising this guy in 3-bet pots. Against an aggressive player who's capable of just betting the majority of his range when checked to on these flops, I really like OP's line. Agreed that check/call, check/fold is much more standard, and the line I'm taking against most unknowns.