Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Odd situation with KK vs Donkish minraiser (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=328588)

MTBlue 02-10-2007 03:20 PM

Odd situation with KK vs Donkish minraiser

Turn and River felt botched. Villain is an unknown. He minraised KJ in the last orbit. Bet 1/6 of the pot with his gutshot on the turn and pushed when he hit on the river. I assume he's not very good judging by bet sizing and he's only on one of my tables.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($248.40)
CO ($163.65)
Button ($432.80)
SB ($404)
Hero ($404)
UTG ($660.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $6.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $40</font>, CO folds, Button calls $32.

Flop: ($88) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $65</font>, Button calls $65.

Turn: ($218) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $165</font>, Button calls $165.

River: ($548) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $140</font>, Hero calls.

Big_Jim 02-10-2007 03:31 PM

Re: Odd situation with KK vs Donkish minraiser

Push the river.

It's a re-raised pot, so tons of pocket pairs are in his range, and I think he can call with a lot of them, getting 3:1, plus, I think he raises earlier with a full house or a T.

Rest of the hand looks perfect, IMO.

Josh. 02-10-2007 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Push the river.

It's a re-raised pot, so tons of pocket pairs are in his range, and I think he can call with a lot of them, getting 3:1, plus, I think he raises earlier with a full house or a T.

Rest of the hand looks perfect, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

you think he's good on the river? i guess pot odds and his idiocy are enough to call but it really looks like he hit the flush

jamiezig 02-10-2007 03:48 PM

FWIW: interesting that he pushed river in prior hand w/nuts but here it looks like he's left himself like 40ish?

Gotta imagine he has a monster, boat or flush. i'd think most PPs would check river unless he's using them as a bluff. also, since there isn't much money behind, there was really no need for him to raise earlier with a full house or even with trip tens since FD unlikely for you and he can just bet 1/2 pot on river for the rest.

Big_Jim 02-10-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you think he's good on the river? i

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you think he plays JJ/99/88? Worse?

QQ might push earlier, but could be there too. Moreso for KK/AA.

Pot is huge and I think he'll make a lot of crying calls.

Plus, if we check, a ton of these probably check right back.

If we check, I think we should probably be check/folding, and that's just sick.

Josh. 02-10-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you think he's good on the river? i

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you think he plays JJ/99/88? Worse?

Pot is huge and I think he'll make a lot of crying calls.

Plus, if we check, a ton of these probably check right back.

If we check, I think we should probably be check/folding, and that's just sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

no no sorry, i like a shove, i just don't know if he's good once he checks. but looks like we're in agreement

MTBlue 02-10-2007 07:57 PM

There are more flush draws and tens then pocket pairs. Why would the river bet be +EV?

Josh. 02-10-2007 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are more flush draws and tens then pocket pairs. Why would the river bet be +EV?

[/ QUOTE ]

he probably doesn't have a ten