Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Chances of the Miami Heat making the playoffs? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543611)

onlinebeginner 11-11-2007 01:40 PM

Chances of the Miami Heat making the playoffs?

Going into the season I thought they would get the eight spot behind (in no particular order)
Celtics
Bulls
Pistons
Magic
Raptors
Nets
Cavaliers

Teams I thought that would compete with them for the 8th spot would be

Bobcats
Knicks
Bucks
Wizards

My top 7 teams are playing fine (besides chicago who should turn it around) and with an 0-5 start for Miami it looks pretty unlikely that they can pass one of those teams

Given all this, Wades questionable health, and the fact that shaq will play an estimated 50 games, what are the chances the heat make the playoffs?

The crazy thing is, if healthy, I feel like they matchup very well against most of these teams that will finish ahead of them, but the season is getting to be too long for shaq

----

Edited the title - keep thinking this is about the Dolphins and getting annoyed.

BillNye 11-11-2007 01:41 PM

Re: Chances of Miami making the playoffs

DOLPHINS SUCK!!1111!!!!1!

People watch NBA?

onlinebeginner 11-11-2007 01:43 PM

Feel free to make a post if you think it's greater than 70 or less than 30... I don't think you could make a logical one tho

Also I plan on making an identical pole in this thread every week or so, see how the odds change over the year (I'll label the poll with the date next time)

Teh1337zor 11-11-2007 01:44 PM

the wizards make me sad a lot

onlinebeginner 11-11-2007 01:49 PM

Ya the wizards suck, so that helps them out ALOT

onlinebeginner 11-11-2007 05:12 PM

What is the deal with wade, I really haven't been able to find consistent info on his health

onlinebeginner 11-11-2007 10:13 PM

Suprised this thread isn't getting alot of love.. thought it was a very interesting topic... the poll results are so varied as well, tuq is it cool if I bump this often? feel free to PM me with response (ur a mod right? lol)

onlinebeginner 11-28-2007 04:15 PM

I went to the game against the rockets... they looked REALLY GOOD... but I still don't think they can make it through a full season in a deep and well rounded eastern confrence...

I don't think they can win the second night of a back to back, they're just to old and slow in transition

onlinebeginner 11-28-2007 04:16 PM

kidcolin 11-28-2007 04:42 PM

35-40 seems about right. Maybe a little higher. The Wiz are starting to play well, and the Bucs are playing surprisingly well (though they are luckboxing a little being over .500 with a negative point diff). But the Knicks are attrocious and the Bobcats ain't gonna do it. Plus the very real possibility that Chicago doesn't turn it around.

I'm starting to think it'll be:

Celtics
Magic
Pistons
Cavs
Raptors
Wiz
Nets
Bucks

But I think the Nets, Wiz, and Bucks will all be within a couple games of .500, so there's hope for the Heat.