Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Sunday Million, AK preflop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=522980)

PrayingMantis 10-15-2007 06:07 PM

Re: Sunday Million, AK preflop

IMO, that's very close to being just about the most classic gamble spot you need to take (and win of course) in order to play the sunday million like it should be played.

curtains 10-15-2007 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I folded. Not sure how bad it is (most people seem to say it's close, but call) and it was definitely not a typical fold, but I felt castrated by the situation and decided to wait for a better spot.

Against and LP raise and re-raise, I'm almost never folding, but I can't imagine UTG+1 showing up with AQ very often, or any other scenario that makes this spot overly awesome. Then again, I might be becoming a pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can easily imagine them having AQ or AJs or whatever...or even worse sometimes.

Ansky 10-15-2007 06:13 PM

I think it's definitely a push.

WarDekar 10-15-2007 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding AK in donkaments is for pussies

hERESY 10-15-2007 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding AK in donkaments is for pussies

[/ QUOTE ]

People raise trash UTG.

KneeCo 10-15-2007 08:36 PM

I'm not folding this with that stack w/o reads.

Even if it is 0EV, you can make the very rarely apt blocks type argument*, but I think it's very marginally positive so whatever.

*Or the much more satisfying, 'if there isn't a clear answer call because it's more fun' type argument.

d2themfi 10-15-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem getting it in, even if this is 0EV. Good time to get a stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JSchnett 10-16-2007 12:13 AM

I push

KingDan 10-16-2007 04:26 AM

There are some tourneys where a shortstack will be tough to play, and I think gambling for a bigger stack has some merit (ie 109r).

The mill IMO isn't one of those tourneys, and a shortstack is underrated. They will incorrectly fold way too often and oyu will get a bunch of shove opportunties you won't get in tournaments with good players.

That said I still get AK in here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

WarDekar 10-16-2007 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are some tourneys where a shortstack will be tough to play, and I think gambling for a bigger stack has some merit (ie 109r).

The mill IMO isn't one of those tourneys, and a shortstack is underrated. They will incorrectly fold way too often and oyu will get a bunch of shove opportunties you won't get in tournaments with good players.

That said I still get AK in here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this in donk-filled tourneys sometimes it doesn't hurt to be short, of course this only is true in a higher buy-in when they will be nittier in general.