Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Maxim's list of crappiest baseball managers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534025)

Wynton 10-29-2007 05:20 PM

Maxim\'s list of crappiest baseball managers

Check it out, if interested.

DesertCat 10-29-2007 05:22 PM

Re: Maxim\'s list of crappiest baseball managers

Why isn't Girardi on this list?

Jack of Arcades 10-29-2007 05:23 PM

Because he wasn't a manager as of Aug 2007

johnnylovescandy 10-29-2007 05:26 PM

LOLOL, this list is right out of "Better Homes & Gardens"

Dudd 10-29-2007 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because he wasn't a manager as of Aug 2007

[/ QUOTE ]

That didn't stop them from throwing Ken Macha's name up there.

Edit: Although now that I think about it, it's probably a level about A's management.

Smell The Glove 10-29-2007 05:28 PM

huh? where's Grady?

Wynton 10-29-2007 05:32 PM

Anyone care to offer up their own "worst ten" list? I agree Maxim's list is silly, but I'm not sure that I could do much better.

It's easy to decide one's own manager sucks, but not as easy to say that about teams you don't see on a regular basis.

DesertCat 10-29-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone care to offer up their own "worst ten" list? I agree Maxim's list is silly, but I'm not sure that I could do much better.

It's easy to decide one's own manager sucks, but not as easy to say that about teams you don't see on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beyond Dusty, it's almost impossible. Too many factors, too little information on internal decision making dynamics and politics. Even Girardi, who I think did a poor job with the Marlins, should share any blame for that with the GM. The GM did not want to hire him so how great was their relationship? What instructions did Beinfest actually give him? Win now? Push these young pitchers harder? If Girardi was doing something Beinfest didn't like, why wasn't he fired mid-season?

This year he will probably be pretty good because he'll have a GM that he respects (and who apparently respects him since he's his first choice) who is willing to give him intelligent guidelines that Girardi should be happy to implement.

DemonDeac 10-29-2007 06:23 PM

This is so stupid

g-bebe 10-29-2007 06:28 PM

what the [censored] does maxim know about anything? this magazine needs to stop trying to be some all-purpose/comedic piece of garbage and stick to what they do best, which is showcasing scantily clad women