Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Taking a shot at switching to 6 max from Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548664)

WCGRider 11-18-2007 12:10 AM

Taking a shot at switching to 6 max from Full Ring

Hello everyone, just asking for some general advice. Basically in my poker career i have won a decent chunk of change from full ring, and lost a bit playing 6 max. I make periodic attempts to play 6 max but i always crash and burn, and turn my tail between my legs and go back to full ring. Basically, what should i do as a very aggressive full ring player moving over to six max. What would the SS community recommend? I obviously read the stickied posts, but would the general population have any other advice? Also, would anyone like to talk on AIM? (My Aim is MrPresidentPolk)

I am rolled for NL 100, and halfway to 200. Should i start at NL 100(As opposed to NL 50 obviously)? I have money on stars/full tilt. Where is there more fish in consensus? I really want to move up through the stakes but without a switch to 6 max this just doesn't seem possible.

Thanks

Doug

sh58 11-18-2007 01:29 AM

Re: Taking a shot at switching to 6 max from Full Ring

if you are inexperienced at 6max i would suggest starting at NL50 and grinding out at least 20k hands or so.

i think any site is gonna be fishy at NL50 so i wouldn't worry too much.

if you are very agressive as a full ring player i would imagine the change to 6 max should be fairly easy, you may have just ran bad when you had a go in the past.

best advice once you have read and studied all the fantastic stuff in the sticky is just get some hands in

holdme 11-18-2007 01:42 AM

play it like the first 4 players folded (you might not have been doing that right already though)

crunchi 11-18-2007 01:49 AM

I recently moved from 100nl full-ring to 50nl 6max on stars and its soooo much easier than full ring IMO.

Basically just value bet a lot more than what you would in full ring.

Dire 11-18-2007 01:53 AM

I'd practice at $50 for a while. At $50 people are almost never going to play back at you. So you can practice just bet/bet/bet/bet/betting. Value betting, bluff betting, doesn't really matter. Just bet. When raised you can usually fold. Figure out what you can get people to fold, what they call with - and go from there. At 6-max people will call much more lightly than full ring, but they'll also have much crappier hands in general so there's alot of value in pure aggression.

pineapple888 11-18-2007 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
play it like the first 4 players folded (you might not have been doing that right already though)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not entirely accurate. The blinds come around faster which means you have to dial up a notch, and adjust for others doing the same thing.

FR is really nitty, if you haven't been there in a while, even after the first 4 players fold (which is most of the time).

pineapple888 11-18-2007 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd practice at $50 for a while. At $50 people are almost never going to play back at you. So you can practice just bet/bet/bet/bet/betting. Value betting, bluff betting, doesn't really matter. Just bet. When raised you can usually fold. Figure out what you can get people to fold, what they call with - and go from there. At 6-max people will call much more lightly than full ring, but they'll also have much crappier hands in general so there's alot of value in pure aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL yeah at least 80% of the responses to any post on here seem to be "bet and keep betting".

Not saying it's wrong, though.

Josem 11-18-2007 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just asking for some general advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't be a nit.