Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   QQ vs turn shove (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=461591)

SinkRox 07-26-2007 06:08 PM

QQ vs turn shove

Is this an insta-muck? If so isn't it pretty exploitable if villain has balls to bluff stack? Do you insta-call KK+ but muck QQ,JJs?

NL200
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $238.95
CO: $47.55
Button: $203.50
HERO: $432.05
BB: $228.10

Pre-flop: (5 players) HERO is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $4</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $22</font>, BB calls, CO folds.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($48, 2 players)
HERO checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $36</font>, HERO calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($120, 2 players)
HERO checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in $169.1</font>, HERO ...

Results:
Final pot: $458.2

Fletcher19 07-26-2007 06:10 PM

Re: QQ vs turn shove

why did you check the flop?

i bet both streets big

SinkRox 07-26-2007 06:15 PM

Sry, villain was 19-14.

I thought he would RR AA,KK pre and maybe smooth call AK, so wanted to let him throw a bet out there with it, if he doesnt and he checcks behind then I can bet the turn and riv still getting one or two streets of value from TT,JJ.

The Eureka Kid 07-26-2007 06:28 PM

Any reads or numbers? You certainly made it hard for yourself by not betting the flop. I'm probably folding here, there is so little to go on and it's just a stab in the dark, only hands I really like seeing if I call is JJ/TT. First you've gotta be right in calling and then your hand has to hold up on a very drawy board.

gman339 07-26-2007 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why did you check the flop?

i bet both streets big

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Considering the way you played it he could have anything from A9 to top set. That's the problem with not leading out, you have no idea where you are at.

ejay 07-26-2007 06:50 PM

the way you played this hand i would have a hard time folding. I def call with kk. He could have jj/tt ak [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] aq [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], those are all hands that you are beating and that could play this way.

Also the pf 3b was too big imo, i would make 16-18.

SinkRox 07-26-2007 07:05 PM

But how often do TT/JJ play this way? Not often imo, they're more likely to go for pot control and check behind turn imo.

In hindsight I wish I lead flop, just one of them mistakes that felt kinda good at the time.

Nielsio 07-26-2007 07:10 PM

Why did you raise so much pre? CO is a shorty. If you just raise to $15, it's 1 PSB left for him on the flop.

As played, I'm betting the flop. If you check, you're repping whiffed overs. On the turn you now basically HAVE to call because you totally induced this, because you're repping a very weak hand.

If villain is solid, then why would he push the turn with KK+/set? Doesn't make much sense either, when it looks like you are either totally whiffed or you are drawing.

ejay 07-26-2007 07:13 PM

but look at the way you played your hand. You 3b pf and the c/c flop and checked turn again, for all he knows jj might be the best hand here and if he doesnt have a big hand the way you have played your hand he prolly thinks he can bluff you off your hand.

SinkRox 07-27-2007 04:00 AM

Yeah I super under-repped my hand, hence I did call the turn as I look like I have AK or TT,JJ and am going to fold to his shove.

Unfortunatly he had 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ... he COLDCALLED my pf 3b with 67s!?