Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *OFFICIAL* Phillies NL EAST CHAMPS offseason thread! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540823)

Bremen 11-09-2007 01:08 PM

Re: Phillies NL EAST CHAMPS offseason thread!

[ QUOTE ]
I think money would be better spent at 3B or for pitching (probably taking on salary via trade

[/ QUOTE ]
I heard a trade for the O's 3B, Mora is a possibility. They're apparently looking to dump salary and willing to take back Helms in a deal.

AbreuTime 11-09-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think money would be better spent at 3B or for pitching (probably taking on salary via trade

[/ QUOTE ]
I heard a trade for the O's 3B, Mora is a possibility. They're apparently looking to dump salary and willing to take back Helms in a deal.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not too familiar with Mora and how he would project in CBP, but if they're willing to take Helms then it can't be too bad. I just hope we don't overpay on a long-term deal for a guy entering his decline years, like Lowell/A. Jones, and it looks like we won't.

Hoya 11-09-2007 03:02 PM

At this point I'd just add Kuroda and Jenkins and call it a day - it looks like Romero is already a done deal.

Zach Belden 11-09-2007 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not too familiar with Mora and how he would project in CBP, but if they're willing to take Helms then it can't be too bad. I just hope we don't overpay on a long-term deal for a guy entering his decline years, like Lowell/A. Jones, and it looks like we won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least mora is an established major league hitter. Helms is not and has only had more than 300 ABs in a year once like 5 years ago. I wouldn't mind taking mora in a trade because even though hes 35 years old, he probably only has one or two years left on his contract. True, even though I would like lowell playing here, he probably wants too big a contract for how old he is.

Last offseason was horrible. Imagine what this team could do with a few more productive players added in a few spots.

Spellmen 11-09-2007 04:00 PM

I'd really love if they signed Rowand. I don't want into getting into all the true-whatever crap, but this guy is awesome

What would it take to sign Lowell? I agree breaking the bank would be terrible. His stats took a pretty big jump last year, so he'll most likely drop closer to his 06 stats and start declining, but he'd still be really nice if they can sign him to something reasonable

Either way...Vic, Rollins, Utley, Howard, Burrell/3rd basemen who can actually hit would be great

Spellmen 11-09-2007 04:03 PM

For those talking about a deal with Lohse getting close, where does this leave Eaton? At 8 mil/yr they've got to do something with him, but if Lohse gets signed I assume the rotation would look something like this, but have no idea how the 4/5 spots would go

Hamels, Meyers, Kendrick, Moyer/Lohse/Eaton

.Alex. 11-09-2007 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those talking about a deal with Lohse getting close, where does this leave Eaton? At 8 mil/yr they've got to do something with him, but if Lohse gets signed I assume the rotation would look something like this, but have no idea how the 4/5 spots would go

Hamels, Meyers, Kendrick, Moyer/Lohse/Eaton

[/ QUOTE ]
If we sign Lohse or another starter, there's no way they would start Eaton over any of them. I'm guessing they stash him in the bullpen until inevitably someone gets hurt, as they did with Lieber last year.

Bdidd 11-09-2007 04:25 PM

MEMO to Jimmy Rollins: The best team won. Yes, it's still the dog days of August and the Mets have to travel to beautiful Philadelphia tomorrow, but the NL East race is over. Though the Yankees are fighting for their playoff souls, the Mets are merrily on their way to another October. This really wasn't much of a race. Despite all the Mets problems, despite the fact they left the door wide open in the division, the Phillies and Braves have not been able to step through the portal. So at 6:47 last night when Aaron Heilman got Luis Gonzalez to bounce into a 1-6-3 double play to give the Mets a 4-3 win over the Dodgers at sweaty Shea Stadium, the NL East race came to a close.
New York Post August 26, 2007

Even though the Mets choked like Mama Cass on a ham sandwich, this quote still puts me on mega-triple life tilt.

AbreuTime 11-09-2007 06:00 PM

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet...007-loduca.wmv

hoyasnaxa 11-09-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hoyas,

Do you ever see the positive in anything?

Romero was, by far, our best reliever last year. If you don't want him back, who DO you want back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, he was the PHILLIES best RELIEVER last year. Which is saying nothing at all. He was really lucky, and has had problems with attitude every other place he has played. I really liked him last year, and liked his attitude a lot, I just think hes getting overpaid.

Sorry I dont think that McNabb is good (hes not) and didnt pick the Eagles to win the NFC (they suck).