Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Not looking good but the pot is huge (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556692)

hoppscot22 11-28-2007 07:03 PM

Not looking good but the pot is huge

Full Tilt Poker $15/$30 Limit Hold'em - 6 players

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">MP raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls.

Flop: (7.00 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">MP raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">MP caps!</font>, Hero ...

So now the pot is huge, im getting like 12-1... firstly

river three bet.. good bad? seems kinda standard to me but there are arguments for not doing it.

call or fold now?

villain is ontilt34... i dont really have any reads on him, seems semi competent though

gehrig 11-28-2007 07:29 PM

Re: Not looking good but the pot is huge

u can only call here if villain is a huge tard who could be really excited about his aq or kk. nobody is ever bluffing here.

its ok to fold hands

DeathDonkey 11-28-2007 07:33 PM

Call because he isn't representing anything that beats you. If he shows QJ, QQ, A5, 56 I figure I would have lost the same if he played it better so its ok to pay off [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

korrupt106 11-28-2007 08:10 PM

This looks like QJ. I don't think you're ever going to see QQ here, because if he gets 3bet with QQ and just calls down on J hi flops he's el terible. This could be a terribly played JJ. Either way you look at it, his only realistic hand that beats you is QJ, and this can be AQ enough of the time that you can pay off. If he has a hand other than QJ that beats you, then he played it terribly, and terrible players deserve a little extra action because they are $$ in screenname form.

I know it's annoying not to get in more bets with a big hand like AA, but I'm not 3betting this river in most games and if I get shown a hand I'm beating I adjust my play for the future. I don't like putting in excessive action against unknowns and I think that's what the river 3bet is. Hope this is somewhat helpful.

Keepitsimple 11-28-2007 09:51 PM

How unusual is it to not raise on the flop or the turn with TP given preflop action?

It certainly looks like AQ before he caps.

MitchL 11-29-2007 12:39 AM

You played it well. Never fold.

mtgordon 11-29-2007 12:47 AM

I only raise this river if I can fold to a cap. I cannot fold to a cap (although it's probably correct) in this situation so I just call the river raise.

HOWMANY 11-29-2007 01:07 AM

ive never won in this spot. up until a couple months ago i would also say ive never folded either but i have folded a couple times now. not to say that i would do it here but its probably correct.

fwiw im guessing he had QJ and was going to raise you on the river no matter what and pay off your 3bet. unfortunately the Q came.

hoppscot22 11-29-2007 01:09 AM

The thing that troubles me most about this entire pot is that his hand makes absolutely ZERO sense. WTF is he repping? QQ? so hard to believe...

HOWMANY 11-29-2007 01:11 AM

ya the problem is when was the last time a seemingly competent (more specifically, someone that we have not clearly identified as retarded) person capped the river with something worse than our hand in this spot?