Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514194)

Zambuzi 10-02-2007 07:37 PM

WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

I heard some gossip from a reliable source that the winner 'TheVoid' is under investigation.

Apparantly the winners real name is a sister of Mark Telscher and both him and his "sister" played in the same event under the same IP.

His profile is here!

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/play...=r&n=53317

This story could be huge

Clayton 10-02-2007 07:39 PM

Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

Mark Teltscher is known as "play2kill" online. He finished 2nd in Barcelona this year, and has won a EPT event before.

Mothercanuck 10-02-2007 07:40 PM

oh boy

EWS87 10-02-2007 07:47 PM

this actually could be pretty big news

luckily none of it affects my life at all so ill be able to sit back and enjoy the drama

ZBTHorton 10-02-2007 07:51 PM

If this is true, people are so stupid.

shaniac 10-02-2007 07:53 PM

They should investigate everyone who made a FT this year's WCOOP, or, I dunno, maybe come up with a plan that checks for multiacounting in a systematic way, as opposed to whatever haphazard non-method they currently employ, because I'm pretty sure multiaccounting was still alive and well in WCOOP 2007.

Zambuzi 10-02-2007 07:55 PM

Will Stars make a statement regarding this or sweep it under the carpet?

dying2win 10-02-2007 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is true, people are so stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

apefish 10-02-2007 07:57 PM

Paging Admo to nvg... Admo to nvg please...

10-02-2007 07:59 PM

if they didnt chip dump what is the problem from playing from same ip?

ZBTHorton 10-02-2007 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They should investigate everyone who made a FT this year's WCOOP, or, I dunno, maybe come up with a system that checks for multiacounting in a systemized way, as opposed to whatever haphazard non-method they currently employ, because I'm pretty sure multiaccounting was still alive and well in WCOOP 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I found it odd the amount of extremely solid multi tabling people, with NO HISTORY I saw playing at the end of the events. But I hate drama, and just wish this all would go away. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

byronkincaid 10-02-2007 08:00 PM

play2kill came 2254th

JP OSU 10-02-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if they didnt chip dump what is the problem from playing from same ip?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously?... Ever heard of Zeejustin?

shaniac 10-02-2007 08:04 PM

ZB,

That's fine, then they just need to come out with a statement that says something like, "We understand the WCOOP is a very important event and that many players like to host various friends and family members at their homes during this very special time in order to play these exciting tournaments, and we have no problem with that."

apefish 10-02-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I hate drama, and just wish this all would go away. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is close to being correct information the best result is a full and transparent explanation from Stars as to their findings.
Since it is Stars I expect that to happen.

A good result for the poker world I guess would be "say it ain't so Joe" and have it not be true.

I agree that the drama from [censored] like this sucks and sites should take more proactive steps like Shane mentioned to make sure we don't get to these spots.

Jackal69 10-02-2007 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found it odd the amount of extremely solid multi tabling people, with NO HISTORY I saw playing at the end of the events WHO COULD STILL PLAY WELL AFTER 20 [censored] HOURS STRAIGHT

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp?

yaaam1484 10-02-2007 08:15 PM

Talk about ruining for yourself.. If this is true then there's really no doubt, WCOOP Main Event was the first tournament thev0id ever played on PokerStars

jonkeponke 10-02-2007 08:32 PM

coupled with this thread from NWP about nitbuster, the 6th place finisher in the WCOOP. fun fun fun

Josh Arieh WCOOP scandal

SenatorKevin 10-02-2007 08:33 PM

It's amazing how many people don't understand the basics of how the internet works... Two different computers!? They can't track me!!

IWEARGOGGLES 10-02-2007 08:37 PM

Oh man, ship the $$ stars!

sethypooh21 10-02-2007 08:38 PM

lol donkaments...

apefish 10-02-2007 08:41 PM

I hope this isnt a case of starting one rumor on one site and using it to confirm another on another site while at the same time doing the reverse. It's an ingenius way to go about it but doesn't serve the poker world well.

Does make for juicy nvg though.

Pudge714 10-02-2007 08:41 PM

Plz move me up one spot k thanks.

gobbomom 10-02-2007 08:44 PM

well, isn't this all turning out lovely. Serious collusion/ multi-accounting allegations against three people at the final table.

fusting1234 10-02-2007 08:45 PM

Why couldnt he just get his sister to call them and be like yeah i was playing blah blah blah.

I dont see how they can prove it wasnt actually his sister?

djk123 10-02-2007 08:47 PM

i demand a redo

Velocity 10-02-2007 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plz move me up one spot k thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

RioGossiper 10-02-2007 08:51 PM

This is from a reliable source here in the UK closely associated with pokerstars:

Allegedly Mark Teltscher was playing FIVE accounts, and the money has already been frozing. An ongoing investigation is taking place.

This is shocking to me, because earlier, a friend who loathes Mark Teltscher reckoned it was probably him because "he is the only cunnt arrogant enough to put monte-carlo". Obviously the context of this was that it was revealed it was a UK account. Mark is known for greeting people with a line like "hello, my name is mark teltscher, I live in park lane and drive a ferrari".

I have had three independant original sources close to the UK poker scene who don't know each other report that this account was his. The five account allegation is truly shocking and from the most reliable source.

RioGossiper 10-02-2007 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why couldnt he just get his sister to call them and be like yeah i was playing blah blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

They call you right after, in addition the pokerstars client allows support to pop up a chat box on your account at any time.

PartyGirlUK 10-02-2007 08:55 PM

Rio do u happen to know what high school he went to? I think it might have been the same as me....

RioGossiper 10-02-2007 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rio do u happen to know what high school he went to? I think it might have been the same as me....

[/ QUOTE ]

High school, in britain?

threesrwild 10-02-2007 08:57 PM

I find it kind of interesting that Star's isn't showing the replay of the final table yet. Is there a standard lag time between the final table and showing the replay?

apefish 10-02-2007 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is much like the Exclusive/El Capitano incident, except there is one account with zero history of play.
I would think an investigation on when the account was made and how funded reveals much more than we can know at this point.

If one can simply make multiple accounts and play them by having said person at their house at the time the genie is way the hell out of the bottle on this.

RioGossiper 10-02-2007 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is much like the Exclusive/El Capitano incident, except there is one account with zero history of play.
I would think an investigation on when the account was made and how funded reveals much more than we can know at this point.

If one can simply make multiple accounts and play them by having said person at their house at the time the genie is way the hell out of the bottle on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also in the El Capitano incident both were known players with no intention to deceive or collude. There was also no rule about taking over then in that situation. Both the players involved there knew the rules pretty well since pokerstars had investigated them before...because it is quite common for many players to be playing big tournaments at their place.

In Teltscher's situation, his sister was the winning account , and she doesn't even know how to play poker apparently.

ruinu4good 10-02-2007 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it kind of interesting that Star's isn't showing the replay of the final table yet. Is there a standard lag time between the final table and showing the replay?

[/ QUOTE ]
Takes a few days usually. Prob Friday

Clayton 10-02-2007 09:08 PM

i find it really hard to believe mark wont get his account frozen and his play2kill account banned, with wcoop funds seized and redistributed.

someone let ka$ino know he could be rich(er)

apefish 10-02-2007 09:09 PM

That's why I drew the distinction. You went the extra step and that's good.

apefish 10-02-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

someone let Vanessa and Chad know they could be rich(er)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, okay that one was probably too easy.

fusting1234 10-02-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They call you right after, in addition the pokerstars client allows support to pop up a chat box on your account at any time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure if he won $1M under his sister name, his sister knew before he did, like when he was on the final table. A pop-up chat is worthless because he can pretend to be her

Helen82 10-02-2007 09:14 PM

Didnt thevoid play pretty badly and get it in bad repeatedly?