Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   a different bet2win hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=263417)

James282 11-18-2006 08:50 PM

a different bet2win hand

effective stacks 5k, I raise JJ in the sb to 200 and b2win calls. Flop is T64r. I bet 300, he makes it 900, I call. Turn is an A putting out a flush draw. I check, he bets 2k, I call.

What rivers do you check/call? What rivers do you open push? What rivers do you c/f? How are things to this point? We have about 3k left after his turn bet assuming I call.

-James

moneyshot 11-18-2006 08:53 PM

Re: a different bet2win hand

explain not reraising the flop. by doing this, you have made the hand very hard to play out of position.

James282 11-18-2006 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
explain not reraising the flop. by doing this, you have made the hand very hard to play out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my explanation - I was planning on getting it in on a lot of turns, but the A wasn't one that made it particularly likely for me to get paid off if he was weaker. Also, from his timing, I felt like he was either bluffing or had a monster and acted accordingly. Also, I was drinking at the time and a 2p2er was watching me so I might not have been thinking totally clearly.

-James

BobboFitos 11-18-2006 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my explanation - I was planning on getting it in on a lot of turns, but the A wasn't one that made it particularly likely for me to get paid off if he was weaker. Also, from his timing, I felt like he was either bluffing or had a monster and acted accordingly. Also, I was drinking at the time and a 2p2er was watching me so I might not have been thinking totally clearly.

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

id actually fold that turn, but I like your flop plan (would be my plan too)

Moonshine 11-18-2006 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ehhhhhh i disagree

cts 11-18-2006 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible.

I think you played the hand OK but this is probably one of those turns that I would just check-fold.

PartyGirlUK 11-18-2006 09:21 PM

IF you reraise the flop he folds all worst hands and plays on with all better, as a general rule. And that, is bad.

kotkis 11-18-2006 09:33 PM

Calling the flop is standard, but I think raising is fine too if you also do it as a bluff certain percent of the time.

Well_TiMeD 11-18-2006 09:54 PM

i like your play, and i dont know why people keep telling you to fold the turn. IMO its a defenite call. i prolly c/c most the time,
maybe open shove sometimes too

Well_TiMeD 11-18-2006 09:59 PM

also james, how bad do u think a CR is vs. him here? (as a protection vs bad rivers like QK10, or as a bluff) u said u think he either had nothing or a monster, so i guess you think its bad. But do you think he has a bare ace here enough, or some 10/air, to make that a decent option?