Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   25/50 v traheho standard no? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554501)

nirzhar_k 11-26-2007 05:22 PM

Re: 25/50 v traheho standard no?

this is standard 3b preflop no?

jcmoussa 11-26-2007 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is standard 3b preflop no?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you wanna be deepstacked and oop against 2 people, yes.

*FamilyGuyFan* 11-26-2007 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id prob just call the flop. hardly ever do does someone check raise here as a bluff or semi bluff against the preflop raiser after just flatting out of the blinds, so by check raising youre pretty much saying i have 2 pair+.

[/ QUOTE ]

turn plan?

irockhoess 11-26-2007 06:10 PM

check

Rosslex 11-26-2007 06:34 PM

This is almost identical to a hand posted yesterday except in that case the hero had AK for top 2. The consensus was to lead flop, I think the same applies for this hand. If you get stacked then so be it in a lot of ways. The only alternative here is to try and reduce river losses if in fact u are beat.

Would be interested to know how CTS wld play it.

StavrosT 11-27-2007 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its pretty ridiculous to put AJ or AQ in trahehos range after he calls your turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

why though? is trahehos range here really only top two pair, set, or float?

btw, i hate shoving here and dont really understand why c/c is worse than b/f. i really think b/f is something that is so easily exploitable and that a lot of you do it too much. that isnt an insult (most of you are better than me after all) just an observation

Bigfoot 11-27-2007 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its pretty ridiculous to put AJ or AQ in trahehos range after he calls your turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

why though? is trahehos range here really only top two pair, set, or float?

btw, i hate shoving here and dont really understand why c/c is worse than b/f. i really think b/f is something that is so easily exploitable and that a lot of you do it too much. that isnt an insult (most of you are better than me after all) just an observation

[/ QUOTE ]

How is bet/folding this river easily exploitable or even exploitable at all? Like irock pointed out his flop play is 2 pair+ the vast majority of the time. Combine that with his turn play and throw in a river lead and Traheho would have to be insane to try to bluff shove hoping for a fold here.

There just arent many 2nd best hands Traheho can show up with on the river, and of those, there are very few that he'd want to turn into a bluff to try and move hero off a hand. Realistically the only thing he could ever hope to fold out is something like QJ, AQ/AJ because no one ever folds a boat with the odds he'd be getting.

In some situations bet/folding is exploitable, but I just don't see how this is one of them.

AcTiOnJaCsOn 11-27-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id prob just call the flop. hardly ever do does someone check raise here as a bluff or semi bluff against the preflop raiser after just flatting out of the blinds, so by check raising youre pretty much saying i have 2 pair+.

[/ QUOTE ]
i like this as long as you lead the turn. In this hand probably have to bet, eventhough the evidence for c/f seems nice

Moonshine 11-27-2007 01:12 PM

i cant see how he ever gets to this river with worse than a straight or a boat...

i really dont think c/f is that bad unless he's absolutely insane. i'd maybe call a smallish bet

fslexcduck 11-27-2007 01:16 PM

lol c/f this river please