Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Paul B (8:06:55 PM): Official STTF December Thread: General Discussion (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558336)

suzzer99 12-01-2007 03:49 PM

Re: Paul B (8:06:55 PM): Official STTF December Thread: General Discus

Should I be concerned that I've gotten totally sucked in to the Martha Stewart Christmas special? They're making wreaths!

AMT 12-01-2007 04:03 PM

suzzer,

yes.

TruFloridaGator 12-01-2007 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I log onto Stars and get this message:

"Internal error (71/1021), please contact support blah blah"

I send an email saying WTF?
I get this back:

[ QUOTE ]
Hello Michael,

Thank you for emailing us.

Please refer to this email that was sent to you in regards to this matter:

Please notice that if your birthday is on 12/05/89, this will mean you are
not yet 18 years old. Been this the legal age to play in our site, we have
frozen your account until 12/5/07.

Please email us back in 4 days so we can discuss re-opening your account.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to let us
know.

Regards,

Juan
PokerStars Support Team

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, I've been playing underage on their site for over two years and they are waiting 4 days before my 18th B-day to let me know. BTW, I never recieved the above email, and I'm obviously WAAAY over 18 already.

So, I repeat: "WTF?"

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!! lol, they better get it fixed like...NOW. wtf is that [censored]. Do they need you to fax them a copy of your DL or something?

Schmitty 87 12-01-2007 04:33 PM

I rarely play more than 100 sngos a month, so I think I may try to jack up the volume a bit in December. I've said that a million times before but hopefully I can actually make it happen.

I think I may have a problem though. Could 100/200 losses just be variance? It's over 257 tournaments, mostly 6-9 man sngos but some hu and mtts mixed in. I'm winning so I'm not too worried but winning more than I currently am would be ok too.
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/6...trackervr7.jpg

sippin_criss 12-01-2007 05:12 PM

small sample but that seems brutal and also very weird considering other stats.

MikeMcQ1 12-01-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YOU CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!! lol, they better get it fixed like...NOW. wtf is that [censored]. Do they need you to fax them a copy of your DL or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

They said it's something about helping someone play on their account or something to get SuperNova blah, blah, blah. I didn't really understand. They're going to ban and confiscate the other player's account and charge them with terrorism and prolly put them in a Turkish prison.

kleath 12-01-2007 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I rarely play more than 100 sngos a month, so I think I may try to jack up the volume a bit in December. I've said that a million times before but hopefully I can actually make it happen.

I think I may have a problem though. Could 100/200 losses just be variance? It's over 257 tournaments, mostly 6-9 man sngos but some hu and mtts mixed in. I'm winning so I'm not too worried but winning more than I currently am would be ok too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get it how the hell can you have more hands at 100/200 than any other limit?

Pudge714 12-01-2007 06:17 PM

Kleath,
It's 100/200 + 100/200/25

Junt,
We were btting on other people playing.

JuntMonkey 12-01-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Junt,
We were btting on other people playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, my request still stands.

Schmitty 87 12-01-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
small sample but that seems brutal and also very weird considering other stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

here's some more detail. maybe too tight outside of the blinds?

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/706...onstatsqu8.jpg

edit: also, when i sorted more so that only hands in which i saw a flop were shown, i'm down t31.2k. could be bad all-in luck, but my W$SD is 44.24% so i dunno.

jgunnip 12-01-2007 08:47 PM

Lacky is about to win a PCA seat in the TLB freeroll gogogogo!!!!!

The Venetian 12-01-2007 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at W$SD%. It's pretty low and could be variance...this is like 300 SNG's, right? Also probably steal more blinds and fold less in your BB.

lacky 12-01-2007 09:53 PM

tourny leader board freerol ftw!!

ship the free bahamas trip [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

DevinLake 12-01-2007 09:56 PM

Re: tourny leader board freerol ftw!!

[ QUOTE ]
ship the free bahamas trip [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

congrats!

ps. Anyone know what the side games are like? I never got around to playing any sats, but I might be in the mood for a bahamas trip by January. It's been like -20C (cold for you americans) here the past few days [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Scotty_12 12-01-2007 10:02 PM

Can anyone hook me up with a doomswitch cure please?

Slim Pickens 12-01-2007 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone hook me up with a doomswitch cure please?

[/ QUOTE ]

I emailed Full Tilt about that once. They told me to check out some "twoplustwo.com" website.

DevinLake 12-01-2007 10:26 PM

Ok, so I play 400nl. I've had back-to-back-to-back +10k months.

This is going to be the first Christmas season where I have a significant amount of disposable income.

How much do you guys think is appropriate to spend on your parents (whom helped you some what significantly financially through University and housed me since then for a period of time)?

ADLinden 12-01-2007 10:31 PM

I usually spend 50-100 dollars on each.(I have like a 3k roll at the moment fwiw. I always spend too much buying presents, becasue for some reason I get this high out of buying stuff for people. If I had that much money I would probably spend way too much. You could spend 100+ on something nice and probably look good imo.

J Darnielle 12-01-2007 10:43 PM

With a lot of spare cash lying around, I think it's nice to spoil them a bit. Depending on their finances, they've probably made considerable sacrifices for your well-being. Buy them something that they would normally consider excessive, even if it costs you $1k or so.

ADLinden 12-01-2007 10:52 PM

It's all about the "wow" look on their face when they open it. Buy something that will accomplish that.

DevinLake 12-01-2007 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's all about the "wow" look on their face when they open it. Buy something that will accomplish that.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I have to go to best buy for that?

microbet 12-01-2007 11:02 PM

Devin,

No one else knows your parents. One of my parents pretty clearly wouldn't have wanted the children spending much money, the other appreciates it.

There's probably only one thing they really want from you.

ADLinden 12-01-2007 11:03 PM

is that a reference to something I'm not getting....I'm kind of an idiot right now.

Best Buy is good tho fwiw.

DevinLake 12-01-2007 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Devin,

No one else knows your parents. One of my parents pretty clearly wouldn't have wanted the children spending much money, the other appreciates it.

There's probably only one thing they really want from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I'm concerned about.

jgunnip 12-01-2007 11:09 PM

HAY GUISE I WAS GONNA PLAY A LONG SESSION TONIGHT BUT SHIPPED 4 BUYINS IN 20 MINUTES SO NOW I'M GONNA BE COOL AND GET WASTED AGAIN TONIGHT BUT I JUST WANTED TO MAKE ONE LAST POST ON 2P2 B4 IT GETS BOOMSWITCHED TO VBULLTEN SO SHIP IT HOLLA I[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]UGUYS IZ IT CAN B DRUNK TIEM NOW PLZ??????!!!

DevinLake 12-01-2007 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is that a reference to something I'm not getting....I'm kind of an idiot right now.

Best Buy is good tho fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who knows...might just be their Canadian commercials.

ADLinden 12-01-2007 11:39 PM

now that u mention commericials, I get it i think.

Pudge714 12-01-2007 11:42 PM

Lacky,
See you in the Bahamas.

Also in case 2p2 is down tomorrow I will be at the FT of the million, but I won't be able to start a sweat theard.

lacky 12-02-2007 12:00 AM

rare sunday off for me, its all yers

suzzer99 12-02-2007 12:10 AM

I truly truly truly hate this game. I think I've lost 10 high PP vs Ax to Alesnare, late for lots of equity.

GtrHtr 12-02-2007 12:13 AM

Get them something cool like a video ipod if they understand technology, if not, I'm sending my folks on a vacation to a resort, although it is a place they can drive to in less than a day.

GtrHtr 12-02-2007 12:15 AM

Also Way to [censored] Go PITT!!!!!! I love you.

Begin the drama, will UGA be in the BCS Championship v OSU???

Go Dawgs!!!

BHokie1 12-02-2007 12:21 AM

BCS = BS

Logically How can a team that didn't win it's conference, or even play in it's conference championship play for the national championship.

I think LSU deserves to go, but USC/OK and VT can make a case for going. That said, I think Georgia right now could beat anyone in the nation.

I have no idea who Deserves to go, but it's going to be [censored] up.

ALReturnsLOL 12-02-2007 12:25 AM

sigh...................................... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ADLinden 12-02-2007 12:30 AM

Devin, is your dad/mom a sports fan?

If so, buy some really hard to get tickets that are pricey and go on a cool trip or something, then you get to spend time with them(which they might like the most) and do something cool.

ADLinden 12-02-2007 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BCS = BS

Logically How can a team that didn't win it's conference, or even play in it's conference championship play for the national championship.

I think LSU deserves to go, but USC/OK and VT can make a case for going. That said, I think Georgia right now could beat anyone in the nation.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's gonna be OSU/LSU.

I would love to see OSU/Va-Tech. though.

bluefeet 12-02-2007 12:51 AM

76th

suzzer99 12-02-2007 12:51 AM

Why the [censored] didn't I put my entire BR on OU to win? I knew there was a ZERO % chance of freaking MU winning. Good things do not happen to that team.

Paul B. 12-02-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why the [censored] didn't I put my entire BR on OU to win? I knew there was a ZERO % chance of freaking MU winning. Good things do not happen to that team.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol suzzer ur bad gamblr

BHokie1 12-02-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BCS = BS

[/ QUOTE ]

It's gonna be OSU/LSU.

I would love to see OSU/Va-Tech. though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Hawaii wins put them in the National Championship game. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Currently all the sports reporters are really saying

I have no idea - I really didn't look at it - I didn't think Pitt had a chance in hell.

LSU/OSU would get my votes - but my vote doesn't count. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]