Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Big pot, fun turn decision (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=98632)

stoxtrader 04-27-2006 01:06 PM

Big pot, fun turn decision

Is there a converter for UB histories? if there is could someone link me and I can edit this for readability?

Helpmewinn is at seat 0 with $57148.50.
HannaBee is at seat 1 with $20065.
stoxtrader is at seat 2 with $39643.50.
LFISGD is at seat 3 with $29700.
BrAiNwAsHh is at seat 4 with $9255.
The button is at seat 2.
LFISGD posts the small blind of $150.
BrAiNwAsHh posts the big blind of $300.

Helpmewinn: -- --
stoxtrader: 8h 8s
LFISGD: -- --
BrAiNwAsHh: -- --

Pre-flop:

Helpmewinn raises to $600. stoxtrader re-raises to
$900. LFISGD calls. BrAiNwAsHh calls. Helpmewinn
calls.

Flop (board: 8d 4d 5s):

LFISGD bets $300. BrAiNwAsHh calls. Helpmewinn
raises to $600. stoxtrader re-raises to $900.
LFISGD folds. BrAiNwAsHh calls. Helpmewinn
re-raises to $1200. stoxtrader calls. BrAiNwAsHh
calls.

Turn (board: 8d 4d 5s 3h):

BrAiNwAsHh checks. Helpmewinn bets $600. stoxtrader
raises to $1200. BrAiNwAsHh calls. Helpmewinn
re-raises to $1800. stoxtrader .... ????????????

Jay. 04-27-2006 01:12 PM

Re: Big pot, fun turn decision

what. raise.

kurosh 04-27-2006 01:17 PM

If helpmewinn has a straight, it's fine because brainwaashh is giving you a nice overlay. A set is in his range so, seems like an easy cap.

IronFly 04-27-2006 01:19 PM

I'll state the obvious...

I assume that helpmewinn's raising range includes 76 & A2 and he caps multiway straight draws on the flop? Would he jam an overpair the same way? Flush draw + overs? What's your image?

If you haven't been too far out of line I think he would put you on at least an overpair. His action says he can beat an overpair, so either he's bluffing or he's got an underset or the straight.

Seems very player dependent...

Edit: With the info so far I agree with the other posters and like capping.

DcifrThs 04-27-2006 02:08 PM

any reads?

guy raises UTG 5-handed...76s in that range? 76o ? how sure? what about A2s or A2o? is he the reason you're there?

how hard does this guy push his draws. id lay long odds against him having a draw here but it's still useful to know.

id say it's more likely that he has one of the pairs on board vs. 76 or A2 and your 3bet preflop would give him reason to believe it's more likely for you to have an overpair than 8s...however, your actions postflop speak to the contrary. so while he might be pushing his set for max value, the amount of action hes putting in (if he is a decent player) is either a seriously huge draw, a set, or the nuts. the seriuosly huge draw seems less and less likely w/ every bet and raise. the set and the nuts are both definately the most likely.

there are 20 bets in the pot to your action. if both call you are getting 2:1 on the last bet. if not, you'll get 1:1.

the fact that you have outs if behind and he has almost no outs if he's behind leads me to want to cap it here. you likely get some quarter-dead money from brainy over there who is almost certainly on the draw + you have more equity than he does if behind at this point in the hand.

just seems like one of those spots where if you are behind it doesn't cost you as much as you make the times you are ahead. so the distribution of those times is key and given that there are 2 other sets on board + your pf 3bet i think tips the scale in favor of a turn cap.

EDIT: now what about the river? assuming both players call the cap, what should you do if the flush card comes? or a blank falls off? clearly you bet if you improve unless you think a flushed boat or quads card (dont remembe rwhich are which) would get bet by the brainy guy there, then c'r.

i think in both cases youd have to try to see the showdown for as few bets as possible and can really only consider folding if the action goes check bet raise.

Barron

stoxtrader 04-27-2006 02:52 PM

folding was not an option for me, it was cap or call.

heehaw 04-27-2006 03:06 PM

i think dcifrths meant on the river. "....if the action goes check bet raise."

baronzeus 04-27-2006 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
folding was not an option for me, it was cap or call.

[/ QUOTE ]

stoxtrader,
i think you know helpmewinn is absolutely retarded and a huge fish. i'd cap this in a second and take the overlay. i dont know how the other guy plays though.

geormiet 04-27-2006 04:03 PM

postflop, the reasonable hands that helpmewin would play like this are 55, 44 and 76. I don't think it's unreasonable for him to put in so many bets with an underset because he can assume you have a big overpair.

I 3 bet simply because 76 is a less likely utg open raise than are 55 and 44. Not to mention the overlay from the other guy which others mentioned.

luckychewy 04-27-2006 04:12 PM

If anyone was ever advocating a fold here I don't even know what to say.