Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Computer Technical Help (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   new laser mouse (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=83)

Ray Zee 07-09-2005 02:55 AM

new laser mouse

so with my new computer i picked up an mx1000 cordless laser mouse. wow what an upgrade from the standard optical one. no more wiggling around trying to hit those little boxes that open things. so much smoother and fits great although a little big feeling at first. no cord is the way to go. 80 bucks locally where you can return it whenever or cheaper on the web.
it also has the tilt wheel which is nice and a button for moving between open windows. also some kind of cruise control for scroling that i havent found out how its works yet.
plus it works find sitting back from the computer and using it on you arm, shirt leg or what ever.

Dead 07-09-2005 05:03 AM

Re: new laser mouse

This forum is for comp tech help, not bragging about new gadgets.

sublime 07-09-2005 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to be the biggest moron on the face of the planet

45suited 07-09-2005 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently there's no IQ test required for Carpal/'Tunnel status.

Here I wanted some information on Omaha/8, and I gotta see this post about computer stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

stabn 07-09-2005 01:30 PM

Sweet Ray. I picked up one of these a couple of weeks ago and i love it. I'm not nice enough to let everyone else know about them though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

stabn

Matt Flynn 07-09-2005 01:49 PM

lol i bought the same mouse 3 weeks ago, unpacked it and still had it sitting on the desk charging but not plugged in. inspired by your post, i have plugged in the usb cable and find it to be a fine mouse. tomorrow i may do some more computer work.

Ray Zee 07-09-2005 04:24 PM

good and if you can figure out how to use the up and down cruise buttons by the wheel please post it. also if you push the wheel down you can scroll real fast and move the screen around.

MyMindIsGoing 07-09-2005 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good and if you can figure out how to use the up and down cruise buttons by the wheel please post it. also if you push the wheel down you can scroll real fast and move the screen around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not own the mouse myself so this is just a guess (I do have another Logitech though) but go into the control panel, then double click "mouse" and then the "buttons" tab, all buttons should be there to be configured.

Nottom 07-09-2005 08:56 PM

I picked up one of these a few weeks ago, and I like it a lot. I didn't really want to spend $80 on a mouse, but I wanted a cordless mouse with a charger becasue i was sick of feeding mine batteries and the laser mouse was the only thing they had like that at best buy.

Even though i don't play games or really use any high demand applications, I immediately noticed the difference from my old optical mouse and as you say it works just as well on my leg as on a mousepad.

voltron. 07-10-2005 12:04 AM

logitech wireless trackballs are awesome.

ohkanada 07-10-2005 05:49 PM

I have 2 of those. One at work and one at home. Great mouse.

Ken

Victor 07-10-2005 11:20 PM

i just bought a logitech laser. it jumps all over the screen randomly sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ray Zee 07-10-2005 11:57 PM

try taking your hand off the mouse when you have a good hand.

augie_ 07-11-2005 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just bought a logitech laser. it jumps all over the screen randomly sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably "mousing" on an uneven surface. Get a cloth mousepad, yo.

LethalRose 07-12-2005 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably "mousing" on an uneven surface. Get a cloth mousepad, yo.

[/ QUOTE ]

or one of these

I love mine, its a gaming mousepad so its tough, extra large and very smooth movement.

Entity 07-13-2005 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try taking your hand off the mouse when you have a good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao.

KyleM 07-13-2005 09:43 PM

Logitech MX series have been the best mice by far ever since they came out. Personally I like the traditional smaller shape of the MX300, but all the MX mice are awesome. And if you have a 300 or 500 you can open it up and take the metal weight out of it if ya think its a bit heavier than optimal. And put teflon tape over the feet of the mouse. And buy this mouse pad http://www.func.net/s1030.html

Yea, so I used to be obsessed with this [censored] when I played SC and WC3. And master this game http://missionred.com/index.php?game...1ba2dfac291ca0

Then you'll be able to click fast enough to play 20+ tables at once. Ya know, just in case anybody planned on it. lol

Ryan Beal 07-14-2005 05:01 AM

Please... if you're "obsessed" with computer things, learn how to use the UBB code. It's right next to the instant graemlins when you are typing up your post. Long links stretch everything out and it forces us all to suffer through the horrors of horizontal scrolling.

Oh, and I like the Razer Diamondback mice.

BusterStacks 07-14-2005 10:02 AM

the MX1000 is the greatest, most comfortable mouse ever created. Best purchase I've ever made for my computer. I will not use anything else.

JoePro 07-14-2005 10:56 AM

Damn, I need one of those. My optical mouse blows. It jumps all over the place

Ryan Beal 07-14-2005 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the MX1000 is the greatest, most comfortable mouse ever created. Best purchase I've ever made for my computer. I will not use anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Logitech's laser mouse and latest optical mice are nice, but i dislike their ergonomics. My hand fits them just fine, but they are designed to be held differently than I normally grip a mouse. That's one of the main reasons I go with the Diamondback, which also happens to look cool and has on-the-fly DPI adjustment.

Regardless of my personal preference, I don't think you can go wrong with either company's top mice.

TimM 07-14-2005 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get this sometimes too. It is always a small hair or strand of dust stuck in front of the little "eye".

Ray Zee 07-14-2005 09:47 PM

buster, does the up and down cruise control work for you in the forums. it doesnt for me and does the window swicther on the side work with the forums. if it does maybe i need to reload the software. or what?

BusterStacks 07-14-2005 11:44 PM

i never loaded the software so i've never used the window switcher but cruise control works fine.

Ryan Beal 07-15-2005 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if it does maybe i need to reload the software. or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had some similar issues dealing with Logitech mice in the past. You probably need to reload Logitech's software.

Here is a link to the latest version of Logitech's software for your mouse. It's for the "XP" version of windows, but you can choose other operating systems on the left of the page if you aren't running XP.
It's usually a good idea to run the latest version of their software.

Link

testaaja 07-15-2005 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
buster, does the up and down cruise control work for you in the forums. it doesnt for me and does the window swicther on the side work with the forums. if it does maybe i need to reload the software. or what?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I think you need the logitech's mouseware program so you can define what each button does.

KyleM 07-21-2005 07:51 AM

Uhhgg so I actually bought one of these since Staples had a deal on it for $40 (it seemed like a sweet mouse so why not?). Used it for about five minutes and put it back in the packaging. This thing might as well be a fcking brick with a laser and some buttons. I thought the thing was a bit too big (I don't have small hands I'm 6') and ridiculously heavy. Even on a slick plastic mousepad trying to move this around even moderately fast is like driving a fcking boat. Basically I think this mouse pretty much blows unless you have a chrome desk and/or use a 60"+ HDTV as your monitor and you can sit 15-30ft away from it and not worry about the mouse losing signal to its receiver.

DrSavage 10-24-2005 09:56 PM

I've got MX1000 myself. Logitech, however, has just released a new mouse with all the same great stuff although with slightly less buttons and much lighter:
Edit: I can't make the direct link work so go to http://logitech.com and find G7 .

Evan 12-16-2005 01:14 AM

I just got this. Everything works except the back and forward buttons in Firefox( they work in IE). I feel like there's probably an easy solution for this, but I can't find it.

Evan 12-16-2005 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got this. Everything works except the back and forward buttons in Firefox( they work in IE). I feel like there's probably an easy solution for this, but I can't find it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I got this working and set the left/right scroll wheel to change tabs in firefox, which is pretty awesome.

Instructions on how to do it are here in rlowens' post at 2/26/2005 02:37 PM.

To edit the file he talks about you need to be go (in My Computer or any exporer window) to Tools - Folder Options - View and make sure the "Hidden files and folders" option is set to "Show hidden files and folders".

Mine seems to be working fine, so if you just want to copy my edited file here is a link to it. Before you click that link, right click the SetPoint (Logitech's mouse software) icon on the system tray and close it. Right click that link, select save as and navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Logitech\SetPoint\user.xml. Again, you must have hidden folders set to be visible to find this foler. Overwrite the existing file and you're good to go. Run "C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\KEM.exe" to reload Logitech SetPoint and everything should work.

pokerjoker 12-17-2005 09:10 PM

as long as your reviving the oldest thread alive, check out deads response to zee.

one of those just so stupid its funny deals.

oreopimp 12-17-2005 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty easy to get this to work with firefox. Inside the settings program (for the logitech mouse) program...select the back/forward buttons, for function select Other, then select "generic button". Do that for both of them and it should work.

Josh. 12-18-2005 10:52 AM

from the time i got it until 2 weeks ago it had a couple of quirks. in excel i couldnt right click. it would instantly open and close. also my scroller would scroll down 2 at a time. i looked everywhere for a remedy for this but nothing

then 2 weeks ago all of a sudden that worked, but when i'm dragging something, like a window, it gets locked in. so i click and drag, then i ahve to let go and click again to set it in its place. very weird

Evan 12-18-2005 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when i'm dragging something, like a window, it gets locked in. so i click and drag, then i ahve to let go and click again to set it in its place. very weird

[/ QUOTE ]
I've had this happen once or twice. It seems like yours does it every time, right? Maybe reinstall the software?

CrazyEyez 12-19-2005 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I've read this thread at least three times now, but I laugh at this every time.

I almost miss that idiot.

toss 04-23-2006 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I got this working and set the left/right scroll wheel to change tabs in firefox, which is pretty awesome.

Instructions on how to do it are here in rlowens' post at 2/26/2005 02:37 PM.

To edit the file he talks about you need to be go (in My Computer or any exporer window) to Tools - Folder Options - View and make sure the "Hidden files and folders" option is set to "Show hidden files and folders".

Mine seems to be working fine, so if you just want to copy my edited file here is a link to it. Before you click that link, right click the SetPoint (Logitech's mouse software) icon on the system tray and close it. Right click that link, select save as and navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Logitech\SetPoint\user.xml. Again, you must have hidden folders set to be visible to find this foler. Overwrite the existing file and you're good to go. Run "C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\KEM.exe" to reload Logitech SetPoint and everything should work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Omg I love you.

snappo 04-26-2006 06:15 PM

Does the MX1000 have a slower response time than a corded mouse?

Mempho 04-27-2006 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does the MX1000 have a slower response time than a corded mouse?

[/ QUOTE ]

No...it beats a corded optical or trackball mouse.

El Diablo 12-22-2006 04:52 AM

Ray,

I got this!

http://www.logitech.com/lang/images/0/12883.jpg

Does yours have the free-spinning wheel? If not, you need to return it and get one of the ones that does!

nation 12-22-2006 06:37 AM

El D,

I looked at that mouse, and for some reason this one was 179.99, and this one was 49.99. I think they're the same one. Why is there such a huge price difference?