Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   10/25 NL shallowly deep. I dont want to fold but calling sucks. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=259691)

JMP300z 11-13-2006 10:03 PM

10/25 NL shallowly deep. I dont want to fold but calling sucks.

5 handed.

hero has 4000 villain covers.
I raise Ah9o to 100 CO. Button calls.

Flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I lead for 200, button raises to 1150.

hero has been out of line in general, villain has been calling a lot preflop and generally folding to my cbets, is generally bad and im sensing is fed up w/ bs.

hero?

-JP

BobboFitos 11-13-2006 10:19 PM

Re: 10/25 NL shallowly deep. I dont want to fold but calling sucks.

umm if you dont want to fold and you think pushing is > calling, obv push? what am i missing? do you want ppl to say its ok? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

donkey 11-13-2006 10:21 PM

all your options kind of suck here--but they all suck about equally so i dont think it really matters what you do. if he's the type to raise/fold with a wide range of hands i'm obv pushing. if he's the type to check a lot of turns if i call then i'm calling. if he's a nit and always has a set/baby flush when he raises in this spot then i'm folding.

JMP300z 11-13-2006 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
umm if you dont want to fold and you think pushing is > calling, obv push? what am i missing? do you want ppl to say its ok? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yah i guess i kinda answered my q. thanks for the support.

hugs [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Only hesitation was due to being semi deep and pushing for a an overbet into a pot that began smallish (now is medium small i guess), vs an opponent who has shown little aggr. and me holding the key semibluff crd for him to have.

-JP

fsuplayer 11-13-2006 11:10 PM

fold it. he's got to expect you to sometimes have the Ah and shove it with your laggy image, so his raise shows a lot of strength. i expect to see a set/flush here a ton.

9cao 11-13-2006 11:50 PM

You say he is generally bad and fed up. Does this mean his range includes 1-pair hands here?

I think folding is best but pushing isn't horrible.

samoleus 11-14-2006 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold it. he's got to expect you to sometimes have the Ah and shove it with your laggy image, so his raise shows a lot of strength. i expect to see a set/flush here a ton.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the circumstances you describe, I am totally with fsuplayer here.

Nezzar 11-14-2006 01:14 PM

pushing is ok. your not gonna fold here i guess, if so a better line is to call and to let him get it in for you.

trplthrt 11-14-2006 01:51 PM

No one views this frustrated player who is 'fed up' as willing to make this move with just about any piece of this flop here? What does he do with a loan 9? 88? Wouldn't it be the same play?

Ansky 11-14-2006 02:29 PM

He's gotta be pretty nutty for you to push here I think... and I highly doubt most people are raise/folding a better hand here if you shove.