Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   A note on Huck Seed (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521285)

yogadude 10-12-2007 03:04 AM

A note on Huck Seed

about the way he sits at the table.

As a yoga teacher for 15+ years I can tell you that the way he sits is not only unique in the poker world but the rest of the world as well. Some people spend their entire lives trying to sit like that because it is thought to be the best way to sit and concentrate clearly. We are all born being able to sit like that easily as babies but lose that ability as we encounter stress. I have only known a small handful of people who sit like that and do it for a long time without getting fatigued and they have all been extra-ordinary people. Usually these are people who can handle high levels of stress without breaking down. An awesome tool for a poker player. I would guess that back in his day he would break down his opponents by staying alert longer than they could. I dont know much about the guy but I wouldnt be surprised if he went on some huge tournament/cash game rushes as he adjust to internet players.

fwiw

yoga

mocky 10-12-2007 03:08 AM

Re: A note on Huck Seed

Or maybe its because he smokes weed?

Rob121 10-12-2007 03:10 AM

this defintely needs its own thread and shouldn't go in the other huck seed thread on the first page.

daryn 10-12-2007 03:10 AM

so how does he sit??

plzleenowhammy 10-12-2007 03:11 AM

is it more about his back or his foot placement or something else?

yogadude 10-12-2007 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Or maybe its because he smokes weed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually do think he smokes herb. My mom says he sounds like I do when she calls me too early/late. If it's late its cause im baked.

yogadude 10-12-2007 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is it more about his back or his foot placement or something else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. Its everything, back, feet, neck, hips, legs - it's really his entire body. Basically he stacks his vertabrae(sp?) one on top of each and lets he bones do most of the work. Most people use the muscles in their back when they sit and that is why it becomes uncomfortable to sit for a long time no matter how strong you are. You cant see his feet but I would imagine his shins are close to perpindicular to the ground. I would imagine he is quite relaxed. There is much more to it but I am not actually an expert on it. I'm just seeing similiarities between him and people I consider highly self-aware.

yoga

yogadude 10-12-2007 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this defintely needs its own thread and shouldn't go in the other huck seed thread on the first page.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but regardless..its just something I observed, they can do with it what they want.

Rootabager 10-12-2007 03:21 AM

ban op
you cant start a thread like this and not put a picture of how he sits.

AntonHeat 10-12-2007 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ban op
you cant start a thread like this and not put a picture of how he sits.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft