Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Interesting hand 10nl How do you play it? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557919)

wingchunflush 11-30-2007 11:28 AM

Interesting hand 10nl How do you play it?

I don't post a lot of hand here lately so I wanted to post this one since I was unsure of the best move. I had been showing good hands and had a tight image that is why I raised T8s in EP. Comments appreciated.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $9.95
SB: $10.25
BB: $13.60
Hero (UTG): $12.85
CO: $2.60

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.70</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $1.80</font>, Hero calls $1.10

I was fully expecting to take it down with my Cbet on the flop. The c/r is a little interesting, this player hasn't done anything like this so far but then I ma still semi new to the table. I opt to just call with my gutshot and flush draw. Any one raise? I will update on my turn play after some replies are put in about my flop play.

Turn: ($4.45) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.65 and is All-In</font>, BB folds

Results: $9.45 Pot ($0.45 Rake)
Hero mucked 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and WON $9 (+$4.30 NET)

derosnec 11-30-2007 11:33 AM

Re: Interesting hand 10nl How do you play it?

why are you raising T8s utg, even though 5 handed? serious question, not rhetorical.

oscarinix 11-30-2007 11:37 AM

So, I finally decided to start posting in this forum to become the worldīs best poker player some day [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, given your play I would have folded behind you if you had risen in EP since you have a tight Image.

IMO BB could be check raising a QQ or pair of J. I donīt think he has a flush draw or else he wouldnīt have really folded on the turn. When the K comes he probably guesses that his one pair is no good anymore since you reraised him. Maybe he even puts you on KK or AA afterwards. I donīt think he guesses you have a flush draw due to your overagressive play and your intention to getting him to fold by intimidating him with an overbet.

wingchunflush 11-30-2007 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why are you raising T8s utg, even though 5 handed? serious question, not rhetorical.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a semi marginal spot but like I said I was getting away with alot nad had a tight image. I like playing hands like this to exploit my image. If everyone folds I take it down if I get called atleast I am not likely to be dominated.

Resistance 11-30-2007 12:13 PM

Flat fold pre, these guys probably don't give a [censored] about image and aren't positionally aware.

I probs shove over his flop raise.

wingchunflush 11-30-2007 12:23 PM

Well I play T8 and such if I know that my raise will be pretty much the only action preflop. This was that kind of table. I wasnt worried about getting raised preflop and if I did I can get away from the hand very easily.

Nemesis69 11-30-2007 12:24 PM

I'd probably stick it in the flop. This is were we have the most equity.

CrAcK_N_CoKe 11-30-2007 12:27 PM

Between raising the turn and raising the flop i prefer raising the flop.
In fact i HATE your semi-bluff here.I think you are lucky that he folded.

*Guys thats a hell of a overbet to shove the flop.

Hebel 11-30-2007 12:27 PM

I play this not like a spewtard

say this to yourself over and over: nl10 is NOT about fold equity, it is about value betting

plays like this lost me many buyins before i learned better

and dont raise 10 8 oop

wingchunflush 11-30-2007 12:29 PM

Usually I would to. I think there is no way my hand looks like a FD and he isnt raising me with a FD so why not stick it in. When I do I get snap called and miss a good portion of the time. I decided to take a different tactic this hand. Wait for the turn. Luckily the K is kind of a scare card that I can bluff at.