Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL25 TT overpair river question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555933)

MAA 11-27-2007 09:32 PM

NL25 TT overpair river question

Not much info on both player; they passed under the radar. I have been very aggressive on this table. pfr 3 bettor 23/15/oo/26

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $25.35
CO: $50.10
BTN: $31
SB: $25.10
BB: $25

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $3</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $2.75, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($9.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($17.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($17.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7.25</font>

Pretty sure preflop and flop is good, but here do you bet river? When he lead preflop I put him on either a draw or a small pp that didn't want to go for a cr. Obviously draw didn't hit. Am I getting value from 88, 99 a 7 or is this spew. What do you do on river?

Ramana 11-27-2007 10:03 PM

Re: NL25 TT overpair river question

i bet turn and check river behind if he lets me

Waingro 11-27-2007 10:06 PM

So I guess CO folded the flop? Flop is good, you really donīt want to make a big raise before CO has a chance to act. This line, donk flop small and check the turn reeks of a draw or a crappy one pair hand. The fact none of you are the original pf re-raiser makes me feel very good about a turn bet of $12 and I expect to be looked up real light. If he cr (very unlikely) this is an instafold.

NeverScurred 11-27-2007 10:07 PM

What happened to CO? Did he fold on the flop?

I think I play this hand the same way. I like the turn check because he doesn't call a bet with anything we're beating and he might decide to bluff the river again with bare overs. By the river your hand looks much weaker and he might call with some PP or maybe even hero call with AK or something. NH.

Edit: Misread the hand and thought BB was the preflop raiser. Ignore my advice.

MAA 11-27-2007 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not much info on both player; they passed under the radar. I have been very aggressive on this table. pfr 3 bettor 23/15/oo/26

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $25.35
CO: $50.10
BTN: $31
SB: $25.10
BB: $25

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $3</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $2.75, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($9.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4, CO folds

Turn: ($17.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($17.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7.25</font>

Pretty sure preflop and flop is good, but here do you bet river? When he lead preflop I put him on either a draw or a small pp that didn't want to go for a cr. Obviously draw didn't hit. Am I getting value from 88, 99 a 7 or is this spew. What do you do on river?

[/ QUOTE ]