Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Do you shove now on this turn? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556365)

iheartponeez 11-28-2007 12:23 PM

Do you shove now on this turn?

Villain is loose (like 41/20)

$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG (<font color="#0000cc">$81.35</font>)
UTG+1 (<font color="#0000cc">$87.10</font>)
CO (<font color="#0000cc">$49.70</font>)
Hero (<font color="#0000cc">$49.25</font>)
SB (<font color="#0000cc">$75.45</font>)
BB (<font color="#0000cc">$51.30</font>)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BTN Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.5</font>, UTG+1 calls $1.5, <font color="#777777">1 fold</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#777777">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $3.5, UTG+1 calls $3.5

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($15.75, 3 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $11</font>, UTG calls $11, <font color="#777777">UTG+1 folds</font>

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($37.75, 2 players)
UTG checks

So I can shove here, with an overpair, but it appears to me that the only thing I might be beating here is TT, or some AK/AQ floater. Since shoving gets called by hands beating me, and the hands it folds out have like 3 outs to catch on the river anyway, I don't know what to do.

thursday 11-28-2007 12:32 PM

Re: Do you shove now on this turn?

This is a pretty gross situation. There are basically no draws on that flop, and with him calling with a player to act behind you can put a smart villain on solely TT-JJ and hands that have already made sets. I'd check back here pretty often against someone who wasn't 41/20. Against this villain... ugh.

Lego05 11-28-2007 12:36 PM

Raise bigger pre-flop especially with a caller in between.

As played I probably check behind on the turn and shove the river.

iheartponeez 11-28-2007 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this delay do for us?

orlov 11-28-2007 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
makes it look like a bluff and the calling station a reason to call id guess.

creamfillin 11-28-2007 12:49 PM

I don't see what the problem is here.. Villain is loose/bad. We have an over pair in a reraised pot. Get your money in.

Lego05 11-28-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gives him a chance to bluff on the river if he called the flop with a whiffed hand or to valuebet a worse hand. Also IMO makes it more likely that he will call the shove with like 88/TT (unless a broadway lands on the river). The board is very dry so no need to worry about that....and if he happened to hit a J he's calling the turn or the river and same for if he has us beat.

iheartponeez 11-28-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what the problem is here.. Villain is loose/bad. We have an over pair in a reraised pot. Get your money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's loose, but I don't know if he's bad yet. And loose doesn't always mean loose in 3betsville. What do you think a loose/bad villain is calling the flop with other than 99+?

I mean, I see a loose/bad villain calling a 3-bet with a hand like AJ or KQ or something, and then folding the flop, but once he calls he's gotta have something.

DaveC101 11-28-2007 01:05 PM

He seems like he has a pocket pair or like AK/AQ/AJ...shove it, he'll probably call pretty light. Earlier I was thinking checking behind or betting low might be the best choice, but then we're definitely giving him a cheap chance to hit an A or K, which screws us. Get it in while you're most likely ahead.

iheartponeez 11-28-2007 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He seems like he has a pocket pair or like AK/AQ/AJ...shove it, he'll probably call pretty light. Earlier I was thinking checking behind or betting low might be the best choice, but then we're definitely giving him a cheap chance to hit an A or K, which screws us. Get it in while you're most likely ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he's peeling with AK or an underpair here? Why?

djj6835 11-28-2007 01:37 PM

41/20, shove. Doubt he's folding any pair in a rr pot.

Nick Royale 11-28-2007 01:41 PM

More preflop. Check the turn and get it in on the river. Pushing the turn is fine as well, you're often ahead but I can't see too many hands he paying off with and he's not likely to have many outs so checking is slightly better imo. Had the board been more draw heavy or the turn been a low blank pushing the turn would have been a must.

il_martilo 11-28-2007 01:45 PM

Raise more preflop. Not a lot, but I think 6$ would make stack sizes more comfortable.

Bet more on the flop. This is one of those situations where if his hand is strong enough to call 11$, it can call 14$.

As played, I bet about 1/2 of my stack on the turn and hope I can convince him to call me down with a 77/88/TT type hand. If he has JJ, so be it. I'm a little afraid that if we outright push here, the only thing that calls would have us beat in spite of villian being a retard.