Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Week 3 College Football Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500557)

Gregatron 09-13-2007 08:08 PM

Week 3 College Football Thread

Let the madness begin.

West VA and Maryland (on right now -- Thurs night), will hopefully stay entertaining for at least a half.

Mediocre_Player 09-13-2007 08:29 PM

Re: Week 3 College Football Thread

i must be a donk but in just 1 quarter i'm not sold on WVU being a national title contender

.... how can you win it all with that D? They're going to have a week where the offence is subpar and they'll get burned.

MiloDanglers 09-13-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i must be a donk but in just 1 quarter i'm not sold on WVU being a national title contender

.... how can you win it all with that D? They're going to have a week where the offence is subpar and they'll get burned.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be crazy when they play Louisville. I wander what the o/u will be for that game. 80?

JackWhite 09-13-2007 08:48 PM

They should have had Ray Lewis in the booth for the whole game. He sounds like a great color analyst in the making.

Gregatron 09-13-2007 08:59 PM

Maryland's offensive line is playing well so far. If they keep this up there is a chance they might be able to say in the game for a while.

NozeCandy 09-13-2007 09:21 PM

I can't wait to see Notre Dame's offense vs. Michigan's defense. Notre Dame's drives are going to be like:

3 and out
3 and out
98 yard TD swing pass
3 and out
72 yard TD swing pass
fumble
interception
82 yard TD swing pass
3 and out
interception
interception
96 yard TD swing pass

Gregatron 09-13-2007 09:25 PM

Lou Holtz: "If Notre Dame loses this game against Michigan, it's going to be very hard for them to make a third straight BCS bowl game."

Wow. Just wow.

I did not think it was possible for Lou Holtz to get any dumber.

goofball 09-13-2007 09:28 PM

BOW DOWN TO WASHINGTON!!

Go Huskies! Home game against tOSU only 4 point dogs.

Pinchot 09-13-2007 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lou Holtz: "If Notre Dame loses this game against Michigan, it's going to be very hard for them to make a third straight BCS bowl game."

Wow. Just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I think it's awesome how the rest of the analysts give him the business when he says nonsense like this. All Rece Davis could do was chuckle when he heard that.

JackWhite 09-13-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

When Holtz first said that, I assumed he was joking. After a few seconds went by and I realized he was serious, I thought he just made the dumbest statement of his ESPN career. A proud day for the whole Holtz family.