Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   JJ, 3b pot, deep, overpair, scary board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558685)

djshawk 12-01-2007 02:11 PM

JJ, 3b pot, deep, overpair, scary board

Button is a total retard who plays really passively. Earlier he called my raise w/AA, called my flop bet and minraised all in the turn. No previous conflicts with UTG.

UTG 57/20/1.2 (120 hands)
Button 62/0/0 over plenty of hands [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

3b preflop is standard.

Flop... I really can't just call here, this deep and let him keep betting, I also want to know if BTN is still interested so think raising is the best line. I was planning to raise/fold fwiw.

Turn... Not a pretty card but I've still got an overpair. I'm concerned with what UTG has now thinking QQ-AA is very likely. I decide to check behind and see what happens on the river.

River... I get my flush and am faced with a 1/2 pot bet. I really thought I was going to be behind here but decided whether he had QQ-AA there was a 50% chance he had a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I only needed to be good 33% to break even so talked myself into a call.

Very interested to hear whether this is an easy call or easy fold (or shove?!) and if the line I took was good.

Thanks

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $316.13
hero: $214.18
CO: $82.00
Button: $97.06
SB: $147.11
BB: $109.80

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $14</font>, CO folds, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($43.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $10.87</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $45</font>, Button folds, UTG calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($133.5, 2 players)
UTG checks, hero checks.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($133.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $66.75</font>, hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $267

Jamsym 12-01-2007 02:29 PM

Re: JJ, 3b pot, deep, overpair, scary board

Shove turn.

You get value from worse hands still and have a re-draw to diamonds if you are behind.

BlackRabite 12-01-2007 02:31 PM

Would B/F turn.
He doesn't need QQ-AA on the river, not like rivercall.

djshawk 12-01-2007 07:08 PM

Has anybody else got opinions on this?

I don't like shoving the turn because it's so deep and I don't know what I'm getting value from.

I also don't like bet/folding because of the flush redraw.

wiseman1016 12-01-2007 07:37 PM

I like the turn check behind for pot control and because of the diamond redraw, but I would b/f w/o the jack of diamonds(although my thinking maybe flawed)

On the river, I think a call is meh because a half pot bet doesn't seem like a worse diamond valuebetting, and I dont think he is bluffing enough