Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Still Learning, How Badly Did I Butcher This? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519458)

HotPockets 10-09-2007 09:14 PM

Still Learning, How Badly Did I Butcher This?

Is this a fold Preflop? If not, is it an open raise? Still trying to feel my way out. What about flop, is this a raise?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.05.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 12.70 B

Bulletproof Monk 10-09-2007 09:21 PM

Re: Still Learning, How Badly Did I Butcher This?

err with a poster i basically never raise this. i think its a fold but with a loose passive game its ok to limp.

Landonfan 10-09-2007 09:40 PM

Eh, limping's ok if the game's passive. Everything else is fine.

kerowo 10-09-2007 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
err with a poster i basically never raise this. i think its a fold but with a loose passive game its ok to limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the poster too far away to try and isolate with this pre-flop? I tend to at least think about isolating posters with hands like this.

Amaryllis 10-09-2007 11:34 PM

Why not raise the flop to get bigger Aces and splitting ones to fold.

Isolating posters was suggested earlier: Don't try that at this limit. Limping is fine in loose passive games.

Landonfan 10-09-2007 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the poster too far away to try and isolate with this pre-flop? I tend to at least think about isolating posters with hands like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the poster's on your right, you can try this, but not here. Trying to isolate here is basically the same thing as open-raising it, except with an extra BB in the pot. Not a good idea imo.

bravos1 10-09-2007 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We could try, but we have somethings against us:
1. We are still pretty early in MP1 and others still may come along
2. We are OOP vs poster
3. BB acts after poster PF thus if poster calls, BB is more likely to call.

bozlax 10-09-2007 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not raise the flop to get bigger Aces and splitting ones to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bigger aces have, in order, an oesd, 3p, 2p and TP + TK, and two overcards. Which of those do you expect to fold?

Edit: Hint, you're the one that said not to try isolating posters at this limit...

bennyhana 10-09-2007 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how and why are you trying to isolate being oop?

OP, limping is fine, folding is ok, I think raising this at that limit without any reads on how the table is playing is too loose. Most guys will say open limping is bad, this is borderline I think. Weak suited Aces, meh, take em or leave em. I guess with the poster it's ok.

I really like the way you played the rest of the hand though.

B2_eBoogaloo 10-09-2007 11:59 PM

played standardly