Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   The future of HUSNG's (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550703)

bobdogbobdog 11-20-2007 03:42 PM

The future of HUSNG\'s

It's no mystery that online poker has gotten tougher in the past 3/4 years, what with the boom of televised poker, while there are more fish online ..i feel that generally, the games online are much tougher than a few years ago.

I would i would like to know it, how do u think the level of difficulty in HUSNG's will change over the course of 1-2 years. Im talking abt levels from the 10s to the 100s. Do u see the games getting increasing harder? Can we expect our ROI's to be on a downward trend or become stagnant?

Your thoughts please.

TruGrinder 11-20-2007 04:55 PM

Re: The future of HUSNG\'s

I'm thinking theres not going to be much of a difference in the HU sng area. Think about all the other games there are SNG's MTT's Cash games all the new players aren't just going to flood to the HU sng's. If anything cash games may become harder or tournament play. The games that are televisted

daveT 11-20-2007 05:17 PM

I tell people I play HUSNGs, the most common answer is "what are those?"

LordMushroom2 11-20-2007 07:52 PM

I expect HU STTs to become tougher in the next couple of years, possibly except some American sites if Americans are allowed to play where they want.

daveT 11-20-2007 07:58 PM

I think that HUSNGs are a place that people sort of stumble into. The fish like it because they can use it to play heads-up with low risk, and the good players like it because they can use it to learn heads up with low risk. The pool right now is not very large, and I doubt that it ever will be. I don't think that there will ever be a long-term player at this, because the fish will get bored and the good players will move to cash. So the supply will always stumble on it, but no one will stay for long. In effect, the games will never get harder.

LordMushroom2 11-20-2007 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that HUSNGs are a place that people sort of stumble into. The fish like it because they can use it to play heads-up with low risk, and the good players like it because they can use it to learn heads up with low risk. The pool right now is not very large, and I doubt that it ever will be. I don't think that there will ever be a long-term player at this, because the fish will get bored and the good players will move to cash. So the supply will always stumble on it, but no one will stay for long. In effect, the games will never get harder.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, HU STTs must never have gotten tougher. Is that true?

If HU CASH gets tougher, so must HU STTs, because if HU STTs donīt get tougher and HU CASH does, HU STT sharks will wait longer to move to NL CASH, thus increasing the competition in HU STTs.

cwar 11-20-2007 08:50 PM

Since Ive started playing HU SNGs the 110 level has gotten MUCH easier. NL is general will be pretty tough in a couple years but I think we have a nice little niche here or so it seems, only time will tell tho.

rokdafunk 11-20-2007 08:54 PM

The fish will always stay in HU SNG. Lots of the fish usually are on tilt after they loose a few Donk&Go's and try to make it up in one time at a 100HU for instance.

HU SNG will always be a place where all kind of fishy players come to try out HU. Im glad I made the switch to 100 and 200 HU only. I made the past month 8K and i cant say im a very good player.

ChicagoRy 11-20-2007 10:12 PM

One thing I feel is true is that husng games are not influenced as much by legislation/regulation as other games (especially 6-max). There aren't as many regular players it seems in these games compared to the random fish that play them.

This is good and bad, good because the games probably aren't much tougher since legislation, bad because if the US market opens up and/or there is another poker boom, husng probably won't be too much fishier.

Obviously a poker boom/open US market would make a lot of other games a lot fishier, which is good for any winning poker player.