Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   need a plan vs a 2+2er (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556991)

bilbo-san 11-29-2007 04:22 PM

Re: need a plan vs a 2+2er

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone like a range merging nth level CRAI?

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought of that. but i think he probably checks behind alot of mediocre made on the flop also like AQ and what not.

it's not bad if he'll call with his AK assuming that he has more outs then he has. or some weak pair that assumes we're doing it with AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really easy to imagine him shoving AK, but not calling with it.

In fact, I can't think of many hands that ever call here. Pretty sure he has some hands he'll shove, and some that he'll fold, and nothing in between. Which makes bet/folding really [censored] terrible.

Nick Royale 11-29-2007 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We're not folding a Q, KK, AA or TT so why is fe relevant?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because getting him to fold a worse hand is better than we folding the best hand. And he might very well have a bunch of outs.

[ QUOTE ]
is true, we should c/c, c/c then right? Cause the thinking player, knowing that we aren't willing to felt should check behind all monsters/value hands on the turn and bet all bluffs?

[/ QUOTE ]
On this type of board checking behind even if he suspect we'll fold is bad.

Paul Thomson 11-29-2007 05:04 PM

someone put a zero on the end of the numbers and post it in high stakes...

nazahl 11-29-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
someone put a zero on the end of the numbers and post it in high stakes...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, not a bad idea

nazahl 11-29-2007 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone like a range merging nth level CRAI?

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought of that. but i think he probably checks behind alot of mediocre made on the flop also like AQ and what not.

it's not bad if he'll call with his AK assuming that he has more outs then he has. or some weak pair that assumes we're doing it with AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really easy to imagine him shoving AK, but not calling with it.

In fact, I can't think of many hands that ever call here. Pretty sure he has some hands he'll shove, and some that he'll fold, and nothing in between. Which makes bet/folding really [censored] terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much exactly my thoughts

nazahl 11-29-2007 09:28 PM

alright, so were not really sold on any flop line. I went with check/call pretty much b/c I only see worse hands folding or me getting shoved on getting it in as a slight favorite or a fairly bad dog, neither really help the situation much.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $201
Hero (BB): $256.15
UTG: $189
CO: $248.35
BTN: $203

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $8</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $27</font>, CO calls $19

Flop: ($55) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $38</font>, Hero calls $38

Turn: ($131) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)

what now?

gjim 11-30-2007 12:00 AM

Neat hand.

I like check calling the flop some percentage of the time, but I probably would bet fold the flop the majority of the time.

I think this potsize makes playing turn kind of awkward. Leading turns your hand face up, but its probably the best way to get all the money in. There are a bunch of hands drawing to boats and two flush draws in his range bc of the flop check so I'd lead for like $50, or maybe $45. For value and to try and induce a shove.

Paul Thomson 11-30-2007 12:05 AM

bet $50.

jk3a 11-30-2007 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
alright, so were not really sold on any flop line. I went with check/call pretty much b/c I only see worse hands folding or me getting shoved on getting it in as a slight favorite or a fairly bad dog, neither really help the situation much.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $201
Hero (BB): $256.15
UTG: $189
CO: $248.35
BTN: $203

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $8</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $27</font>, CO calls $19

Flop: ($55) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $38</font>, Hero calls $38

Turn: ($131) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)

what now?

[/ QUOTE ]

do a little dance and bet 70

spicybucknuts 11-30-2007 01:46 AM

I think this is a check. I believe villian will play perfectly if you wake up and bet this turn. By checking, he can continue a semi-bluff on a big time scare card and obv do so with his air as well (altho i think he has air rarely), and you can shove over the top.

If he's got a queen, which is certainly a possiblity, then he will most likely check this turn. Still, you're not getting two streets of value so checking the turn lets you get some value on the river. The downside to this is that it also gives him a free card if he's on the draw and doesn't want to take another stab. however, I think your hand becomes pretty transparent here if you bet this turn, if I were villian I believe that i would play quite well against this particular line in a reraised pot.