Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Razz question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516302)

pokerknight 10-05-2007 01:48 PM

Razz question

Is there a logical reason why someone with the bring-in actually complete the bet when they are the bring-in and there are low cards showing on at least 3 of the hands? And if there is a raise, to actually call the raise. I know that may mean they have decent hole cards, but isn't that putting money into the pot a little too loosely?

SGspecial 10-05-2007 01:55 PM

Re: Razz question

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a logical reason why someone with the bring-in actually complete the bet when they are the bring-in and there are low cards showing on at least 3 of the hands? And if there is a raise, to actually call the raise. I know that may mean they have decent hole cards, but isn't that putting money into the pot a little too loosely?

[/ QUOTE ]
shhhh, they might stop

Praxising 10-05-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes the high card is a 7 - once I was in a hand where the high card was a 4 - short-handed. I've completed with higher cards than that, depends what's showing.

RustyBrooks 10-05-2007 06:31 PM

I've seen a 4 high card full ring. it's not common though.

I don't think I'd ever open-complete, no matter how good my hand. In fact, the better my hand, the more I'd like someone to put money in before I raise. Let them bluff, semi-bluff, or bet for value a worse hand than mine... if I complete-raise I am less likely to be a favorite when called or raised.

Andy B 10-06-2007 12:41 AM

Some people hate money.

RustyBrooks 10-06-2007 12:44 AM

Someone should come play .5/1 razz on FTP right now. I'm bored and there's only one slow table going.

RustyBrooks 10-06-2007 01:10 AM

Oooh it's gotten nice. 3 loose cannons on both tables now.

runninice 10-06-2007 04:02 AM

depending on how many people are in the pot, you could very easily be getting 4 to 1 on you money

ChipsAhoya 10-06-2007 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I once misclick completed (A3)Q, everyone actually then folded to the last low card which re/raised me, I had to call getting more than 4:1 and ended up winning the hand... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-ChipsAhoya

Andy B 10-06-2007 04:21 PM

Did you get any action after that?