Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535846)

BGnight 11-06-2007 09:23 PM

Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

lol, i got killed. I played good for the first half, but had to settle for a field goal. I hate fast QB's. They sprint out of the pocket and have forever to find a reciever. Did he have his headseat on during the game, cuz i couldn't hear it so i turned it off.
Oh, and I have a habit of pressing the A button and it instantly throws a duck into the middle of the field. Thus, my second pick during a good drive.
At least i gotta safely on the last play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

orange 11-06-2007 09:28 PM

he didnt have his headset on, no. yeah, i saw some of those.

BGnight 11-06-2007 09:29 PM

There has to be a trick or certain plays for blitzing, cuz all the guys i play against get huge pressure up the middle and i never seem to be able to duplicate htat w/ my D.

orange 11-06-2007 09:31 PM

lol. how old are you bg? i told him you were older, though i didnt know your age.

BGnight 11-06-2007 09:32 PM

35 years young

I had the original atari football where they all looked like space invaders that just vibrated across the screen [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I never use the stick button either. I can't juke or break tackles. Need to learn how to do that.

BGnight 11-06-2007 09:35 PM

I did win my first online game today though. I pwned Georgia like 51-24 w/ Cal.

Jay Riall 11-06-2007 09:39 PM

No wonder you lost. Old people can't play computer games ldo.

_dave_ 11-06-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why the fk cant i get good grades on tests so fking easy a retard could do it if he actually studied some. High school i always got bare minimum. And i did highest thing possible because all those retards claimed I have brains (Iq is 130 or something). I never did a fking thing. But yet im too lazy and unmotivated to do anything at all in University. Only thing i work hard for is poker. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Thinking about dropping out (only first year) and starting again when i can find more motivation and get myself to do something, im only just 19 y/o. I hate this so much, why cant i be just like everyone else and be done with it. just get that stupid degree, even tho i hate studying and reading all those books.

/emo rant

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what to suggest, but this is me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I've done a ton of A-Levels, two degrees, and have almost no paper to show for it.

I love learning new things / studying interesting subject.. but raising the motivation to actually do coursework / prove I learned something is impossible to me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

orange 11-07-2007 12:32 AM

so today we got totally assraped in our flag football game.

our option attack got DESTROYED. (for jay and other football noobs, thats pretty much where you just run run run)- nebraska option attack when we were actually good

anyways, the guys we played were insane. they were all grad students, one guy was on the nebraska wrestling team. think chuck liddell and probably twice as dumb. we didnt score once and got mercy ruled. so much for our season. 3-3 doh.

Jay Riall 11-07-2007 12:42 AM

How can an option attack work vs a decent D (unless you have a sick back)? Won't they just put 8 or 9 in the box and shut you down?

BGnight 11-07-2007 12:52 AM

Did u go to the giants/dolphins game Jay?
If so, I'm sorry.

orange 11-07-2007 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can an option attack work vs a decent D (unless you have a sick back)? Won't they just put 8 or 9 in the box and shut you down?

[/ QUOTE ]
they had a good D. (its 7 v 7 btw). but yeah. a good way to do it is changing up sides/doing some play action passes (deep bombs usually), reverses, etc, to keep them off balance.

basically, they picked us apart. our DL did really well and i thought we had plenty of pressure- our DBs sucked alot tonight though.

oh well. disappointing ending. it was cold as balls here too.

Jay Riall 11-07-2007 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did u go to the giants/dolphins game Jay?
If so, I'm sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yeah. Crappy game, but the overall experience was great. Whoever injured Ronnie Brown/didn't let Ricky Williams get reinstated can diagf though.

orange 11-07-2007 12:58 AM

ricky williams sucks lol. at least now. i dont know wtf happened, he [censored] tore it up in his first few years. guess the weed got to him.

Jay Riall 11-07-2007 12:59 AM

orange - jeez, the fact that I understoof perfectly everything you just said after not knowing anything about football like 2 months ago has just shown me just how much time I have on my hands. Rly need to get back to school and do something productive lol

orange 11-07-2007 01:01 AM

lol i was jk about that comment, i know you're a football fanatic. you should watch some college football games sometime though :P

Isura 11-07-2007 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just finished watching the last epidose of Band of Brothers. I'm not exaggerating when I say it is the best TV I have ever watched by an absolute mile. I admit I had a little bit of a tear in my eye at certain points in the last couple of episodes. The liberating of a Nazi concentration camp was especially harrowing and touching. Can't believe it took me this long to get round to watching it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. I think I'll watch that after seasons 2,3,4,5 of sopranos [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

orange 11-07-2007 01:03 AM

jay,
should i just go and buy it? ive also heard good things. i watched part of the first episode but had to leave. i know aj hates buying dvds though and always tries to get me to watch them via other sites.

would you watch BoB again? does it have good rewatchable value like other shows? (i have some shows on dvd, mainly sopranos and lost).

Jay Riall 11-07-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol i was jk about that comment, i know you're a football fanatic. you should watch some college football games sometime though :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah that vid you posted was pretty awesome, I will def look into catching some college games soon. What TV network are they usually shown on?

Jay Riall 11-07-2007 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jay,
should i just go and buy it? ive also heard good things. i watched part of the first episode but had to leave. i know aj hates buying dvds though and always tries to get me to watch them via other sites.

would you watch BoB again? does it have good rewatchable value like other shows? (i have some shows on dvd, mainly sopranos and lost).

[/ QUOTE ]

I would yeah. I don't normally buy DVDs since I can watch them for free online, but I really thought this was worth shelling out for. Partly for the better picture and sound quality and the extras, but also because of the respect I now have for the men this show is based on (and also the guys who made it).

Def has rewatchability. I'm already watching a couple of episodes again to refresh myself on it and get a better picture of the thing. The extras are amazing aswell, listening to the actual guys recount their experiences of the events so accurately recreated is absolutely amazing.

orange 11-07-2007 01:12 AM

ABC usually picks up the good night games. CBS you can always find a pretty decent SEC game going on. FoxSportsNetwork occassionally has good Pac-10 games as well. mainly the major networks.

here are some great links of CFB game clips-
boise state (bgnight would cream himself) vs. OU in the fiesta bowl, i'm sure you've seen this

some good highlights of reggie bush in USC v. Fresno state

percy harvin 67 yd run v. ARK

Jay Riall 11-07-2007 01:18 AM

Awesome work orange. I've seen a lot of hype for the 2008 draft about Darren McFadden. Is he that good?

orange 11-07-2007 01:18 AM

also, UF vs. UTenn last season was awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYDhKWePRDM

Jay Riall 11-07-2007 01:19 AM

Those last 3 links send me to the same vid.

orange 11-07-2007 01:24 AM

mcfadden is so insane. i think he's the best RB currently in CFB. him and steve slaton are both incredible athletes.

the thing with D-mac is not only is he fast as [censored] but he's huge too. i think he's like 6'2 220 or something like that. i personally think he's one of (if not the) best college football player out there right now. just sucks that his team is not v. good so he's lower on the heisman list.

darren mcfadden sick runs

Isura 11-07-2007 01:27 AM

Wow, the way he split the D vs LSU for that long TD was sick.

Jay Riall 11-07-2007 01:34 AM

Jesus Christ at that McFadden video. Is he actually getting drafted in 2008 (wiki article is unclear)?

Isura 11-07-2007 01:35 AM

Jay you should look up the old Barry Sanders college videos on youtube.

Jay Riall 11-07-2007 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha that was such a sweet play. I had to watch it a few times just to figure wtf just went on.

[ QUOTE ]
here are some great links of CFB game clips-
boise state (bgnight would cream himself) vs. OU in the fiesta bowl, i'm sure you've seen this

[/ QUOTE ]

The lateral play ftmfw.

orange 11-07-2007 01:37 AM

I'm fairly sure he's going next year. He's a junior, he could stay one more year. but players with his skill don't waste the year in college, they go make the big bucks. plus he might risk injury with the last year in college if he so chooses (ie. knee blown out or something, which would end his career). last great talent i can remember was matt L for USC, he stayed for his senior year.

Jay Riall 11-07-2007 01:38 AM

lol ffs I'm meant to be up in like 5 hours to go to the travel agent with a friend.

PedroCerrano 11-07-2007 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus Christ at that McFadden video. Is he actually getting drafted in 2008 (wiki article is unclear)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he is a junior but he hasn't declared or anything, yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he left early, though, and I'm pretty sure he'd go Top 10 very easily, if not top 5. Guess it would all depend on the draft order and the needs of the team.

orange 11-07-2007 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha that was such a sweet play. I had to watch it a few times just to figure wtf just went on.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, UF offense is really fun to watch. (they are my team). he's only a sophmore too this year (that clip you saw he was a freshman), so we'll have him next year. sick sick sick.

also, here is the equivalent to devin hester in CFB currently: (desean jackson for cal)-

(quality really blows but meh- desean jackson

orange 11-07-2007 01:44 AM

also, as i said above, mcfadden and slaton are the two best rbs in ncaa currently IMO.

here is another sweet offense to watch- West virginia- slaton and white are so so fast.

WVU slaton + white crazy

PedroCerrano 11-07-2007 01:48 AM

Slaton and White are sick.

This is my favorite Pat White video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2DmuK91efw

Jay Riall 11-07-2007 01:50 AM

hah the Emo crowd is going to be up in arms if you guys keep this up. Off to bed now, feel free to pm me any cool vids you think of.

orange 11-07-2007 01:52 AM

as we were arguing a few months ago, fishsticks loves pro more. i can definitely see his reasoning, pro talent is SOO SO SO SO much better than college. but the sheer intensity of college stadiums (100k people screaming at you) and the variety of different offenses is fun to watch. pro offenses are pretty much all the same.

orange 11-07-2007 01:56 AM

edit, i dont mean to say all the same offenses. ofc there are tons of different variations and such (and NFL offenses are 100x more complex). but you don't see complete offenses like JUST spread/option/pro(west coast)/or weird variants like the run and shoot (hawaii).

luckybacon 11-07-2007 02:21 AM

mcfadden is 100 percent gone after this year and so is Felix Jones unfornately. Most NFL scouts and hype I hear is that Felix is the 2nd best running back prospect which is so sick. I think the NFL scouts are highestt on those two than steward from oregon

luckybacon 11-07-2007 02:22 AM

also Mcfadden will def be a top 5 draft pick, hes the most elite player in college football follwed by the OT from michigan and de from virginia i think