Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   ***Official FTP Regs Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=429423)

StellarWind 06-17-2007 02:37 PM

***Official FTP Regs Thread***

This thread is for discussion of the games on Full Tilt Poker and the players that play in them. There are two rules:

1. There will be no linking 2+2 screen names/real names to poker site screen names without permission.

2. While discussing the play of certain players is ok, abuse is not. There should be nothing derogatory at all linked to certain screen names. This includes "idiot", "moron", etc. Keep it to factual analysis of how the person plays and what adjustments you think should be made.

Enjoy!

Scary_Tiger 06-17-2007 03:05 PM

Re: ***Official FTP Regs Thread***

[ QUOTE ]

2. While discussing the play of certain players is ok, abuse is not. There should be nothing derogatory at all linked to certain screen names. This includes "idiot", "moron", etc. Keep it to factual analysis of how the person plays and what adjustments you think should be made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is LAGtard considered derogatory? Fishy as an adjective?

Leader 06-17-2007 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are equally descriptive and less offensive alternatives. You're not likely to get in to much trouble for using those, but the idea is for people to conduct themselves professionally.

StellarWind 06-17-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LAGtard is a shortened version of "retarded LAG". That's pretty offensive and it doesn't convey much real understanding.

Plays can be fishy. People deserve a little more respect.

In a way this is for your own good. Calling someone a fish is lazy. Saying he calls down too much with ace-high and misses value bets on the river actually says something meaningful.

secretprankster 06-18-2007 08:26 AM

I posted most of this in the first thread. Since aargh/sebastien appear to play FTP 2/4-3/6, maybe they can give their input.

DrKvalMe
studholdem

These are two of the best players in the game IMO. They're not amazing-amazing but they do very well (though I would think they would be playing higher by this point). studholdem has been tough vs. me in blind battles.

Alik_34 (something similar)
steinway

Both good, steinway's overaggro in bad spots sometimes but both are definite winners.

H2brube
j336
Pfeil

H2brube was the biggest 2/4 winner in my database for tens of thousands of hands, despite showing down every hand imaginable and being a ~34/17 player 6-handed. Hot run he's had. j336 I loathe but is way too aggressive preflop sometimes. For Pfeil, the same.

Just my thoughts w/o going through PT.

Added: Bronson15 (or so) and Sitting Janus are both relatively weak players imo, but play a lot. GQ12... is a major LAG and always makes the tables fun.

I'll PM my name if anyone wants it.

aargh57 06-18-2007 11:57 AM

I try to avoid DrKvalMe. I had to drop down to 1/2 to rebuild my roll so I don't remember many more than him though. If I recall Preya plays a lot but seems very passive.

sebastien 06-18-2007 02:59 PM

drkvalme is good i think. i m not all my database on PT but i have some hand with him on 2/4 nad 3/6 : 25.58/19.59/2.24 1036 hands 1.45bb/100.
he c/r me so much on turn in HU that get me crazy!!!!

i see him win some tournament and play on nl50 too

aargh57 06-18-2007 04:17 PM

I've only got 1300 hands on drkvalme. Half are 3/6 and half 5/10. Maybe he'll move up to 5/10 soon. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

aargh57 06-18-2007 04:22 PM

I've got 5k hands on Pfeil and he's down -1.5/100 in my db despite having TAG stats. Sounds kinda like me.

sebastien 06-18-2007 05:42 PM

i comeback on poker after a broke/tilt on 5/10 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] and i play against him 3month ago so yes he moove up:)

Oink 06-20-2007 04:23 AM

So you FTP regs

I play there a bit and I am wondering what to do with those ftp points. Is it at all possible to exchange them for cash or do I have to buy a widescreen or books or whatever?

sebastien 06-20-2007 09:30 AM

when you take something to your ftp points it s deduc to you mgr so yo pay it :'(.
the better way is maybe to take a book for sell it on ebay. Why do you leave FTP room?

danzasmack 06-20-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you FTP regs

I play there a bit and I am wondering what to do with those ftp points. Is it at all possible to exchange them for cash or do I have to buy a widescreen or books or whatever?

[/ QUOTE ]
plan way ahead and get a gift for someone. $95 for a brand new 80gb ipod isn't bad.

sebastien 06-20-2007 04:39 PM

yes but with the money we give to ftp he can don t reduce to MGR [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

aargh57 06-20-2007 10:50 PM

After moving down to 1/2 late last week and then moving back up to 2/4 I noticed that there are actually more loose players at 2/4 than 1/2. Anyone else notice this. I think that the good 2/4 players were better than the good 1/2 players but there seems to be more TAG's to Fish at 1/2.

StellarWind 06-20-2007 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After moving down to 1/2 late last week and then moving back up to 2/4 I noticed that there are actually more loose players at 2/4 than 1/2. Anyone else notice this. I think that the good 2/4 players were better than the good 1/2 players but there seems to be more TAG's to Fish at 1/2.

[/ QUOTE ]
1/2 is a bad place to be at many sites.

aargh57 06-20-2007 11:02 PM

Why would that be though? Intuitively you'd think there'd be less TAG's.

thepizzlefosho 06-20-2007 11:24 PM

I took the last month off traveling and taking a break from poker. I got rocked and ran bad for a month at the 5/10 games and had to drop back down to the 3/6. 3/6 is significantly easier, although if you can swing the hours to keep your play between 4am and 6pm you will find significantly more fish (I am assuming they are asians and euros). From 8pm to 2am the games tend to be pretty tough with a lot of grinders that don't make too many mistakes even if they don't play a perfect game. I pretty much echo most of secretpranksters sentiments about players, although I probably have a few more listed as tough if I went back and looked at it.

If I think of anything more important to add to the thread I'll chime back in.

Basically my 2 cents is play weird hours for americans, and avoid the 5/10 games that are probably the toughest anywhere at that level (of all of the decently big sites).

MacGuyV 06-20-2007 11:55 PM

I've only played a couple thou hands @FT, but so far it doesn't seem any tougher than Stars to me.

RunDownHouse 06-21-2007 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Completely agree. I was appalled at how bad the 1/2 games are. 2/4 seems much better.

StellarWind 06-21-2007 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would that be though? Intuitively you'd think there'd be less TAG's.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. The rake structure at most sites is much more favorable at 2/4 than 1/2.

2. 1/2 is a popular method for clearing bonuses at many sites. Commonly the number of big bets required to trigger a raked hand is lower than for other low limits. Obviously bonus whores are bad for the game.

3. It's been said that live fish are used to 2/4 being the lowest stakes and many go directly to 2/4 instead of playing microlimits.

4. Mostly I have no idea why.

The real moral is that certain sites at certain times in history have experienced what I call "inversions" in which higher games are routinely better than lower games. It's something to be aware of because the extra money you make spends perfectly even if you can't explain it.

Oink 06-21-2007 03:51 AM

In my experience FT 5/10 and 8/16 are ok compared to other 5/10 games.

I agree about the hours. Within the last 3 months I have noticed that games are much easier "my" times from 5pm CET to 11pm CET. It seems that when the clock turns 5 or 6pm ET the games toughen up.

Another example of this is that sites like Ongame, Party and boss media have become relatively better than the US sites within that same time span.

I really hope for you US guys and for myself that the gambling act is removed as soon as possible.

rzk 06-23-2007 08:33 PM

off the top of my head,

blaine-is-god seems very good. he plays 3/6- 10/20 and has been a big winner over 10000 hands.

V4P 06-24-2007 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
off the top of my head,

blaine-is-god seems very good. he plays 3/6- 10/20 and has been a big winner over 10000 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting...I've been thoroughly unimpressed with his play (mostly@ 5/10), but maybe its cause he runs white hot vs. me
[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

On the other hand, I'm starting to buy into everyones praises of "studholdem"

aargh57 06-24-2007 05:00 PM

Was playing yesterday (he's playing today too) with TehKarpfen and I've got some pretty flattering notes from him to the effect that he's a good player. Think I've got about 2500 hands with him.

MacGuyV 06-29-2007 07:50 PM

Any thoughts on jinoskp? Seems to play alot.

Oink 06-29-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any thoughts on jinoskp? Seems to play alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have about 1k hands on him. His stats looks like pretty standard TAG stats with 27/21 5-6 handed. I only have 1 note on him namely donking AJ on Q65 flop into me after I 3-bet preflop. I have seen him donk a lot more than that but without him showing down.

He seems solid by the way but I really dont know for sure.

Oink 06-29-2007 09:19 PM

BTW is JPfold any of you guys?

He plays pretty well IMHO and is a regular at small-mid stakes at AP and UB as well.

aargh57 06-30-2007 01:03 AM

Is there any way to import notes into PT from FT? Also, here are a few more TAGs that I have 5-8k hands on...

Steady Hands
druppyskid
HolyPoker
Buddylistme

I've only played much with HolyPoker and I don't remember him being very remarkable. He's a little tighter (24 vpip) and buddy's only 19vpip.

MacGuyV 06-30-2007 01:30 PM

Everyone here's a "bet when checked to" donk - more so than Stars - even the .7 AF guys. I have to reevaluate my disdain for screwplaying.

sebastien 07-12-2007 01:34 PM

someone play against wiesl80 2/4$??
i play a few against him he look like not bad

Rev. Good Will 07-12-2007 01:38 PM

This is great, I play lots at FTP 2/4 and don't recognize any of these tag regular names.

I table select goot!

sebastien 07-12-2007 01:43 PM

really strange to never see stud holdem.
always here multi tabling!!

Rev. Good Will 07-12-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
really strange to never see stud holdem.
always here multi tabling!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, he's the exception.

And I see Cassiopia (sp?) a bit too, but I didn't see that name on the list.

sebastien 07-12-2007 02:17 PM

yes i see him 1/2 and 2/4 i think he s new to 2/4.
he look like not horrible but i wait to play mor against me knew him more.

thepizzlefosho 07-12-2007 02:33 PM

thoughts on henla? themightyjim? trying to think of some others I've played against lately....

daveT 07-13-2007 02:23 AM

So, would it be best to start playing at 2/4 short-handed? I played a bit of .5/1, ran super bad (-100 bb) and got kicked like an idiot.

yourface 07-13-2007 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ran super bad (-100 bb)

[/ QUOTE ]
man I can't remember the last time I had a 100BB downswing

oh wait, it was last week
and the week before that
and the week before that
etc

you need thick skin to play this game

jamie322 07-13-2007 10:07 AM

For some reason, I've run really well on FT 3/6 while getting crushed on PS 3/6. So what do I do? Act like a stubborn idiot and tell myself I'm going to rebuild on PS.

After a break from poker altogether, I've admitted defeat on PS and just decided to play at FT all the time (and I've been up the 5 of last six sessions).

My lessons from this?

1. I'm too stubborn and make -EV decisions on where I play.

2. 3/6 FT is softer than 3/6 PS.

sebastien 07-13-2007 10:53 AM

ftp are strange sometimes.
i see same people play 0.5/1 1/2 2/4 3/6 5/10 15/30 30/60
airelinewhore something like that....
sometimes table 3/6 are so ridiculous passive, sometimes it s 2/4.sometimes it s difficult with only regular.
It would be really better if they are more people on ftp i think.