Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

09-28-2006 04:58 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

09-28-2006 05:00 PM

TheDudeAbides 09-28-2006 05:03 PM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you been to any Muay Thai fights? Are there many in the cities?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never been, don't know much about it. I've heard good things however. On Koh Samui they have them almost nightly, I know because of the trucks that go up and down the streets blaring:

'THAI BOXING, TOOOONIIIIIIITTTTTEEEE AT CHAAAWEEENNGGG STADIUM!!'

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to one in a bar in Chaing Mai and it was one of the most surreal experiences of my life. In between fights that had a sadist come out and do [censored] like light himself on fire, slice his tongue with a razor blade, drink gasoline, etc. Good times, good times.

Side note - I also got pwned by a 12 year old pool hustler there who beat me 3 out of 3 games for a total of 1000 baht.

09-28-2006 05:29 PM

09-28-2006 05:33 PM

09-28-2006 05:36 PM

09-28-2006 05:39 PM

09-28-2006 05:40 PM

skier_5 09-28-2006 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK serious question here.

When you rent a motorbike if it says "full insurance" and I pop a tire, is that covered or does it mean insurance if I run someone over? Because I rented a bike and got a flat. The place I rented it from is closed so I can't ask. Am I going to get owned by a huge fine here? Should I get it fixed before I return it? Is the rental place going to try to rip me off (Pop's something in Chiang Mai). Do they have that fix-a-flat [censored] in a can here? Where should I go?

An answer by 10am Thailand time would really kick ass here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never broke one. I can say that people get seriously injured and die on those things constantly, so be careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably best just to get it fixed yourself. A friend that I was travelling with crashed one on koh samiu (sp?) and he had to pay 2700 baht to replace everything. I'm sure we got ripped off and there were other bikes with scratches with the same mileage, but they insisted this one was newer. I don't recall anything about insurance though.

PurpleLight 09-28-2006 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am certain he was joking about the abuse, or at least mostly joking.

Also however him and his wife are in their own home, as long as she is happy, is none of your [censored] business. Lay off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that a joke? Forgive me but when people demonstrate terrible character it tends to agitate me. I don't like wife beaters either, I guess that might make me out of line too.

But on more pleasant notes, this has been a really good thread that I've really enjoyed reading. <3 Degen.