Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   10/20 Party Turn Line? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547535)

Cobretti 11-16-2007 08:27 AM

10/20 Party Turn Line?

HJ limps
Button limps
Hero Checks 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in BB

Both HJ and Button have pfa of around 1.5. They almost never fold postflop.

Flop comes: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero Checks. HJ bets. Button folds (oddly). Hero Calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
We expect villain to bet 100% of time we check.

Hero's turn line?

vmacosta 11-16-2007 08:57 AM

Re: 10/20 Party Turn Line?

i feel like this is a trick post. If the button will always bet when checked to and you have an excellent hand (relative to the action) in a small pot, why would you do anything but c/c?

Are you considering c/r'ing to try and get him off a 6 outer? That's probably not a terrible idea but the chances he has a better hand + the chances he gives you another bluff on the river outweigh the benefits i think.

thepizzlefosho 11-16-2007 09:34 AM

100% standard c/c. if he is betting 100% of the time then everything he has is still bluffing, and you just want to call him down and let him three barrel.

xerber 11-16-2007 12:13 PM

I bet out on the flop - is this bad with these villains?

As played: easy c/c.

Cobretti 11-17-2007 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought is was a super easy c/c and I thought I made a mistake on the flop by not betting. The reason I posted the hand is that a player who I think is pretty good argued with me over this hand and he would have c/r the turn.

mattnxtc 11-17-2007 01:42 AM

If hes betting why do anything but c/c?

its a wa/wb situation and no sense putting in more bets with a marginal hand.

Mozart 11-17-2007 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is most of the time bad, i always check-call.

thepizzlefosho 11-17-2007 07:10 AM

betting out is fine against guys with really low agg factors (and frequencys) so that they don't see free 6 outers on the flop. But with these guys that isn't the case. If I am right in assuming that AF number you gave is postflop, then they are going to bet for you a lot of the time on the flop with their whole range, and we want them to continue barreling every street.

against those I guys I just c/c down.

TheHip41 11-17-2007 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought is was a super easy c/c and I thought I made a mistake on the flop by not betting. The reason I posted the hand is that a player who I think is pretty good argued with me over this hand and he would have c/r the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious for his reasoning for c/r the turn.

To me, it seems like you fold out hands that are bluffing, and gets you 3bet alot. I don't like putting in 2BB on the turn and not even showing down in this smallish pot.