Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Things that are really ackward with your non-dominant hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515648)

Freakin 10-04-2007 03:21 PM

Things that are really ackward with your non-dominant hand

I'm sure a few of you have broken your dominant hand/wrist/arm and had it in a cast, but I never have. I think I'd want to die if I did... it's just too strange to do some things with my left hand.

What have you noticed feels really weird (or is almost impossible to do correctly) with you non-dominant hand?

For me,

Brushing teeth (try it if you haven't)
Throwing a ball
taking a leak (if I'm in a hurry I brush teeth with one hand, take leak with other. Brushing teeth is MUCH more difficult than taking a leak so I give my right-hand to it)
using a corkscrew
obviously other "sport-related" activities like shooting pool, throwing darts, etc are going to be equally as strange as throwing a ball

I tried to put on some chapstick a few days ago (the kind you squeeze onto your finger and rub onto your lips) and that was pretty weird too.

If you're ambidextrous then I hate you and don't care what you have to say.

I don't care if you have a hard time using right-handed items (like scissors) with your left hand; they're designed to be that way.

*edit* Using a mouse is pretty weird too

offTopic 10-04-2007 03:23 PM

Re: Things that are really ackward with your non-dominant hand

Mousing.

Also, I tried starting a thread in ATF with my left hand today, and had to abandon it.

Yobz 10-04-2007 03:24 PM

Switching feet can be odd, too. Ever try using the gas or break peddle on your car w/your left foot or the clutch w/your right? Bizarre.

Yeti 10-04-2007 03:25 PM

Pretty much everything, and yes, that includes masturbating.

I don't buy that 'it feels like another person doing it' stuff. A person who has no idea what they are doing, maybe.

Yeti 10-04-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Switching feet can be odd, too. Ever try using the gas or break peddle on your car w/your left foot or the clutch w/your right? Bizarre.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would advise against trying this as it is super dangerous.

BuckyK 10-04-2007 03:25 PM

I can't golf for crap when I swing left handed, but I could switch hit in baseball.

Kimbell175113 10-04-2007 03:27 PM

Shaving

anything involving a mirror, actually. That extra element of 'reversal' totally confounds what little abilities my left hand has.

eleventy 10-04-2007 03:27 PM

Try wiping you @ss with non-dominant hand. Once the hand is outta site it gets even harder to control.

miajag 10-04-2007 03:28 PM

I'm right-handed and have always jacked off lefty. Is that extremely unusual?

Kimbell175113 10-04-2007 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Try wiping you @ss with non-dominant hand. Once the hand is outta site it gets even harder to control.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, for me it's easier to do left handed things when I'm not looking. The only things I can't do left-handed are writing and the aforementioned mirror stuff, and I think it's because I'm watching intently the whole time. Screws up my concentration or something by adding another layer of confusion.