Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sushi in Vegas (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553949)

PokerBob 11-25-2007 04:16 AM

Sushi in Vegas

Where do I want to go?

*TT* 11-25-2007 04:26 AM

Re: Sushi in Vegas

Nobu of course. Hard Rock. Give me a shout, we should go out to Lotus of Siam while your in town.

fatshark 11-25-2007 08:16 AM

Nobu is the way to go. It is probably the most pricey out of all the sushi in that town, at least of the ones I have been to but worth it. The one at MGM looked like it would be good, but it really wasn't. IMO

Pot Odds RAC 11-25-2007 10:02 AM

Nobu.

Assani Fisher 11-25-2007 10:11 AM

How much is a roll at Nobu? Is it really worth it? For whatever reason, food is one thing that I usually go cheap on and try to save money.

89,865 and counting

Bishop22 11-25-2007 10:39 AM

Didn't make my reservations at Nobu this trip due to intoxication but ate at Little Buddha (Palms) which was very good and reasonably priced. Kobe NY Strip was amazing and George's Lobster rolls were the best sushi I've ever had. We had our fill of Sushi and each had an entree and the total was just over $50 a man including tip.. definitely make more of an effort to make it to Nobu next trip although the people I've talked to before this thread all suggested Okada>Nobu.

cwilli26 11-25-2007 11:29 AM

Don't recall the name of the place, but the sushi restaurant at Mandalay Bay was pretty good and not overly priced. I'd recommend it.

toss 11-25-2007 11:44 AM

Does Vegas' location hamper it's ability to produce top-shelf sushi?

<font color="white">Expecting the answer to be no </font>

Pot Odds RAC 11-25-2007 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Myth: Sushi is "better" never frozen and therefore better at the coasts.

Truth: Almost ALL sushi consumed anywhere on the world has been frozen for a minimum of 48 hours to kill parasites and disease causing germs. It is a requirement in this country.

Also most catch is "flash frozen" by the fishing boats which are out for days or even weeks at a time.

I've been to the Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo and seen the massive frozen Tuna carcasses being parted out with chain and band saws before heading to the best sushi restaurants on the planet. Pretty cool.

toss 11-25-2007 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Myth: Sushi is "better" never frozen and therefore better at the coasts.

Truth: Almost ALL sushi consumed anywhere on the world has been frozen for a minimum of 48 hours to kill parasites and disease causing germs. It is a requirement in this country.

Also most catch is "flash frozen" by the fishing boats which are out for days or even weeks at a time.

I've been to the Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo and seen the massive frozen Tuna carcasses being parted out with chain and band saws before heading to the best sushi restaurants on the planet. Pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good to know. That's a bit of a buzz kill.