Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***** Clash of the Titans, Week 9: NE @ Ind***** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533324)

ProfessorBen 10-28-2007 06:39 PM

***** Clash of the Titans, Week 9: NE @ Ind*****

GOOGOGOGOGOGOOOOOO!

HajiShirazu 10-28-2007 06:45 PM

Re: ***** Clash of the Titans, Week 9: NE @ Ind*****

If there was one game to watch this would be it, probably the best football team ever vs. a top 10 all time team.
I don't like these teams but would like to see history and the Pats have a better chance to win the rest after this, so go Pats.

lastchance 10-28-2007 06:49 PM

Colts probably can't stop Patriots. (no one has)

Patriots probably can't stop Colts.

Patriots have an edge on kickoffs and kickoff returns (this is going to matter). Colts have HFA.

This game will be awesome. I will be needing to get to a sports bar.

CrazyPsycho 10-28-2007 07:02 PM

Is there any way this game can live up to the hype? The last time I was this excited for a game was USC/Texas.

selurah 10-28-2007 07:03 PM

I'm obviously a homer, see avatar, but I can't remember ever being this excited about a regular season game.

lastchance 10-28-2007 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way this game can live up to the hype? The last time I was this excited for a game was USC/Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]
USC/Texas lived up to the hype.

Franchise 60 10-28-2007 07:27 PM

I hope this thread lives up to the hype as well as the game.

10-28-2007 07:31 PM

I think the final score will be 6-3 going either way, a la the classic early 1990s Colts/Pats matchups...

ADLinden 10-28-2007 07:34 PM

31-28 Colts. Book it.

Teh1337zor 10-28-2007 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
USC/Texas lived up to the hype. [/quote

def

g-bebe 10-28-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
48-3 Pats. Book it.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

does anyone actually believe the colts will win? I mean, it's definetly possible but the patriots are insane

bottomset 10-28-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
48-3 Pats. Book it.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

does anyone actually believe the colts will win? I mean, it's definetly possible but the patriots are insane

[/ QUOTE ]

well DVOA wise coming into this week they were pretty close, with the Pats edge in special teams being the only gap really

I imagine when the new numbers come out the gap will widen after NE's total beatdown of the former #1defense

TheNoodleMan 10-28-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
USC/Texas wasn't very hyped, especially considering it was a title game. All ESPN coverage leading up to it barely mentioned Texas.

bottomset 10-28-2007 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
USC/Texas wasn't very hyped, especially considering it was a title game. All ESPN coverage leading up to it barely mentioned Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah wasn't that the year they crowned USC as a top5 alltime team before the game?

SuperUberBob 10-28-2007 08:00 PM

Neither defense can stop their opponent's offense, but the Patriots D can come closest. Patriots have the edge on special teams over the Colts.

However, the Colts top WR (Harrison) might not be playing next week while the Patriots are pretty healthy now with Maroney and Seymour back. The Colts have HFA, but I think the Patriots are capable of overcoming. It'll be a close match, but I think the Patriots edge this one out.

vixticator 10-28-2007 08:04 PM

The Pats just spanked what is a very good Washington defense. Sick stuff. At this point I do not think any team has an edge over them, the Colts shouldn't be huge dogs or anything but I think they definitely are a home dog. Slightly.

Manning needs to play semi-perfect every drive which is certainly possible, even probable. They need Marvin Harrison back for sure. I hope he will be. This should be like the best reg season matchup ever. Hopefully it's close and we see a playoff repeat. IMO the outcome is only significant if the Pats blow the Colts out, like 25+.

sunnycalifornia 10-28-2007 08:17 PM

Most of you don't think the Colts are heavy dogs, but I think they are, especially with all the momentum the Pats have. I pick the Pats to win by at least 2 TD's.

also, while this game is important, they're going to meet again in the playoffs where the implications are much more important so unless either team blows the other one out (I can see the Pats blowing the Colts out but not vice versa) it really won't mean too much

chim17 10-28-2007 08:17 PM

I would bet a large number of units if I could get 2 touchdowns. Anything can happen in one game but this should be pretty close.

CharlieDontSurf 10-28-2007 08:20 PM

My prediction..Wes Welker will have his best game of the season.

lastchance 10-28-2007 08:20 PM

Last year's games were awesome. Both the Colts and the Patriots are better this year.

CharlieDontSurf 10-28-2007 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last year's games were awesome. Both the Colts and the Patriots are better this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Colts are a bit better from last post season

Pats are way way way way better from last post season

TheNoodleMan 10-28-2007 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
especially with all the momentum the Pats have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Momentum is meaningless. Even if you believe it effects football games, the Colts have just as much momentum as the Pats.

selurah 10-28-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of you don't think the Colts are heavy dogs, but I think they are, especially with all the momentum the Pats have. I pick the Pats to win by at least 2 TD's.

also, while this game is important, they're going to meet again in the playoffs where the implications are much more important so unless either team blows the other one out (I can see the Pats blowing the Colts out but not vice versa) it really won't mean too much

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah b/c the Colts don't have any momentum coming into this game right? Undefeated this season, 12 straight wins overall, and 3 straight wins vs. the Pats. To act like the Pats are the only team coming into this game with a lot of momentum seems a little ridiculous to me.

Also, how much action are you willing to give on the Patriots -14 ?

chim17 10-28-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
especially with all the momentum the Pats have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Momentum is meaningless. Even if you believe it effects football games, the Colts have just as much momentum as the Pats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, that is a terrible point. The Pats have lost more recently than the Colts have.

bottomset 10-28-2007 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how much will you bet NE-14

please let me know, we can get an escrow setup too

sunnycalifornia 10-28-2007 08:38 PM

theres a difference between 7-0 and being 8-0 and absolutely killing every single one of your opponents - including the 3rd best team in the NFL (consensus opinion by most NFL experts especially after the Steelers lost to the Broncos), and absolutely murdering a VERY good Washington defense. furthermore, the Pats have improved a LOT more than the Colts have, hell the best receiver on the Pats last year was CUT because thats how much better they are. Yes, they both have momentum but its stupid to disagree the Pats have more.

Anyways, having watched both of them play I still easily say the Pats win by > 2 TD's. Disagree with me, but don't make any stupid excuses next Sunday when it happens.

Also, I'm a broke college student but if you want to do it for $100 I'm willing (Pats winning by > 2 TD's). Private message me.

theclock 10-28-2007 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are serious about the 2 td spot, I'd definitely like some action.

theclock 10-28-2007 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
theres a difference between 7-0 and being 8-0 and absolutely killing every single one of your opponents - including the 3rd best team in the NFL (consensus opinion by most NFL experts especially after the Steelers lost to the Broncos), and absolutely murdering a VERY good Washington defense. furthermore, the Pats have improved a LOT more than the Colts have, hell the best receiver on the Pats last year was CUT because thats how much better they are. Yes, they both have momentum but its stupid to disagree the Pats have more.

Anyways, having watched both of them play I still easily say the Pats win by > 2 TD's. Disagree with me, but don't make any stupid excuses next Sunday when it happens.

Also, I'm a broke college student but if you want to do it for $100 I'm willing (Pats winning by > 2 TD's). Private message me.

[/ QUOTE ]

PM Sent.

I'll take the Colts +14

lastchance 10-28-2007 08:46 PM

It's not like the Colts haven't dominated most of their opponents.

Yes, the Patriots are much, much better than last year, their offense is sick good, Stallworth/Welker/Moss may be the best receiving corps in the league, and Adalius Thomas helps a bit.

But so are the Colts. Last year, their D was getting gashed on the ground (and through the air). Keith > Rhodes. Hayden + Jackson >>>>>> David + Harper. This year's Colts would destroy last year's Colts. Massive defensive improvement.

sublime 10-28-2007 08:47 PM

ill take colts +14 also if anyone want the other side. escrow a must.

lastchance 10-28-2007 08:47 PM

Pinny has NE -4 (and rising, I think).

lastchance 10-28-2007 08:48 PM

Boston fans are ridiculous.

Jurollo 10-28-2007 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not like the Colts haven't dominated most of their opponents.

Yes, the Patriots are much, much better than last year, their offense is sick good, Stallworth/Welker/Moss may be the best receiving corps in the league, and Adalius Thomas helps a bit.

But so are the Colts. Last year, their D was getting gashed on the ground (and through the air). Keith > Rhodes. Hayden + Jackson >>>>>> David + Harper. This year's Colts would destroy last year's Colts. Massive defensive improvement.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, keep in mind its basically like we just traded for a pro bowl DL in Seymour. That being said, Manning will torch us for at least 30, their O is too damn good. Maybe... 45-31 Pats?

XXXNoahXXX 10-28-2007 08:50 PM

I'm a huge Pats fan, but there is no possible way I would lay more than 4/5 playing in Indy.

Person who is saying they'd take the Pats >2 touchdowns, why not put your life savings on the Pats at -4? you could even do one of those pleasers and get even more.

lastchance 10-28-2007 08:51 PM

Over/Under: 57.

Tom Ames 10-28-2007 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree and disagree. The game isn't that important other than it may well decide home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. That makes it potentially huge.

hiho 10-28-2007 08:54 PM

Colts will win this game or at least keep it very close, no doubt IMO.

splashpot 10-28-2007 08:58 PM

lol @ poor college student betting NE-14 when he could get -4 at a book
(has nothing to do with what I believe the actual line is)

Pudge714 10-28-2007 09:19 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems over 8 games there is a ton of variance in Special teams DVOA.

sublime 10-28-2007 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Colts will win this game or at least keep it very close, no doubt IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

give me NE -3?